RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LEE Loaders you wish they made.

Boolit Master

I've got a few: .270 Win, .338 WM, .41 mag, 38-40 and used to have a .38 S&W

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
    I've got a few: .270 Win, .338 WM, .41 mag, 38-40 and used to have a .38 S&W

CD
    Of all the calibers I've saw, believe it or not I've never ran across a 38 S&W.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 0verkill View Post
    Of all the calibers I've saw, believe it or not I've never ran across a 38 S&W.
    I have one. Use it for my top-break S&W's.
    I would like to find a .32 S&W long set.
    Best,
    Mike

NRA Life Member
    Remember Ira Hayes

Boolit Bub
    Does anyone use the Lyman Ideal "Shell Resizers"? One full length resizer in a little box along with a punch to knock out the shell. Simple.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    Ben Franklin

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle45Auto View Post
    Does anyone use the Lyman Ideal "Shell Resizers"? One full length resizer in a little box along with a punch to knock out the shell. Simple.
    I depend on my .32-40 full length sizer from Ideal. I snap up every additional caliber I can find, and now have a pretty eclectic mix.

Froggie

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I have one. Use it for my top-break S&W's.
    I would like to find a .32 S&W long set.
    You and me both!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I depend on my .32-40 full length sizer from Ideal. I snap up every additional caliber I can find, and now have a pretty eclectic mix.

Froggie
    I also have a bunch of these things. But in spite of good intentions I have never used any of them. Clearly, I have not been shooting enough.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    Ben Franklin

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle45Auto View Post
    I also have a bunch of these things. But in spite of good intentions I have never used any of them. Clearly, I have not been shooting enough.
    No Problem, Unc! Just box them up and send them to me, and I'll keep them busy until you're ready for them! I could use a .32-20 and a.38-55 especially, and haven't even started gathering the ones for pistol calibers. Let me know, and I'll eagerly await your response.

Froggie

Boolit Bub
    I started with a LEE Loader and despite all the dies and presses I've picked up over the years I still use them for small quantities and oddbals. I wish I could find one in 8 Lebel.

Boolit Mold
    I wish they would make a Lee Loader in the .500 S&W Magnum. I currently use the hand press kit due to lack of space, but a Classic Loader would be much easier to use. Otherwise, I will have to send my Handi-Rifle for a .45-70 barrel.

ST762

I can't imagine how hard it would be to pound a 500 S&W case into one of those. The 357 Magnum and 45 Colt are hard enough. I need to get one in 44 magnum just to get an idea.

Boolit Mold
    The 44 magnum is very easy to reload. I can load one of those in about 75 seconds. I like to take my time and make sure everything is right. I still would love to see one in 500 s w magnum.

Boolit Grand Master

Its not that hard to make lee loaders if you have a lathe and a complete set of drill bits. My wife bought me one in 303 British for our anniversary and I remade it out of mild stainless steel with a few modifications (I made it so that I could load pp boolits that where too big for the original loader.) Since then I gave the original to my brother-in-law. Heres the one I made. I have reloaded many a cartridge with it. I made the leather case too.

Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Mold
    My first was 12 ga, then .357, then 9mm. Now its on to the press with lots of options. The 12 ga. works best with the old paper shells. The plastic shells were harder to get the crimps right. I wish Lee would make dies to load .410 Depriming is easy with a punch and hammer with the shell set on a nut. Reprime with a piece of 3/8 steel brake line, hammer and solid surface. Measure powder, insert wad, measure shot. Now insert shell in press, run it up into the crimp starting die, bring shell down, turn turrent, run shell into crimp die. Simple, HUH

Boolit Buddy
    Well I picked up a Lee Unitized Loader for the 280 Rem some time back and this afternoon brought a std Lee Load in 270 Win off the auction site for 10.49 US. Shame the post and packing came to near $20 US.

So hopefully it will be winging it's way across the pond soon.

Now I want to find one of the Zero Error ones in good condition for one of the following cartridges:-

.222 Rem
    244/6mm Rem
    .243 Win
    6.6x55 Swedish
    7x57 Mauser
    25-06 Rem
    .308 Win

Just one would do........................... that's not asking too much is it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123