RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEE Loaders you wish they made.

LEE Loaders you wish they made.

Or still made. I wish they still made them for more obsolete cartridges. All the military surplus bolt action rifle cartridges should still be made, 6.5 Arisaka, 6.5 Carcano, 6.5 Swedish. 7.35 Carcano (did they ever make these?), 7.7 Arisaka, 7x57 and 8x57 Mauser.

The neck size only type made now would also seem like a match made in heaven for Handi Rifles. Both are simple, rugged tools that get the job done. I have one for the 22 Hornet, but it would be nice to see them made for the other chamberings as well. H&R should team up with LEE to get these made and include these with the rifles like in the 1800's. I don't have one of the Survivors, but they look like they would fit in the stocks on those. They could give it some catchy, gimmicky name and sell a boatload (even more during the post election hysteria)

Oh, and I'd love to have on in 41 Colt. Been looking for an older one with no luck.

Boolit Master

They still make them in 6.5X55, .303, and 7.62X54. Prowl the old gun shops and pawn dealers.

I hate to say it, but eBay has odd ones from time to time.

My rareist is a .30 Herret.
    Best,
    Mike

NRA Life Member
    Remember Ira Hayes

I had my 303 out last week now that the weather is getting better. Nothing like sittin in the sun on a warm spring day and reloading the same case over and over. I have a new one in 7.62x54R that I need to bust out and use. I bought a boatload of surplus ammo for about 8 cents a round shipped a couple of years ago and still haven't shot it all up. I found one single Winchester 7.62x54R case last summer, been wonderin how many loads I can get out of it before it splits.

I see some of the discontinued caliber loaders on ebayfrom time to time, but prices are crazy.

I wish they made the Unitzed loaders and target grade loaders (or was it match, I don't acually own any of those). The unitized loaders full length size your cases (for those that don't know - I didn't when I bought mine). Might be nice to have a kit that has both sizers (neck and FL) so I wouldn't have to run back in the house and use the press. Such a shame to be inside on pretty days.

Boolit Master

I have one of the Mequon unitized loaders. It is in .375 H&H, I bought it "bottom Feeding" on e-Bay.
    I haven't used it yet, so I don't know if it FL re-sizes.

I have accumulated 14 calibers over the years. They are my favorite, I rarely use my presses anymore.
    Best,
    Mike

NRA Life Member
    Remember Ira Hayes

Boolit Buddy
    .38-55 and it's too bad they don't do custom ones still for anything else I could dream up.

I think it was Target Model Zero Error.

I wonder if you would get a rifle maker to sell a loader with a new gun with all the "only use factory ammo" warnings. It would be neat though, and likely get more people interested in loading.

Boolit Buddy
    I was under the impression that none of them "full length sized" - all only neck sized, bottle-neck cartridges anyway. Maybe the straight wall pistol cases got full length sized. Anyone?

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    As far as I'm aware Lee Loaders neck sized rifle calibers. I honestly can't remember about the pistol units and I used to have one!

The Lee Loader was made in all the calibers listed by the O.P. and they've become a red hot "collectible" in the last five years. I toyed with the idea of getting one in each of my milsurp calibers, but it was actually cheaper to go with a Lyman 310 tool!

Boolit Master
    I sure wish they would make a run of them in 25.20 again. I have never seen on of the originals. neil

Frosted Boolits

Yes the starightwalled pistol lee loaders FL resize.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

"Moderator Emeritus"

2 1/2" 410 I have been following them on Ebay for over a year and have not found one I was pilling to pay the price for, probably won't either.
    Krag35

I have never met a dishonest dog.

Expatriate, in my own country.

Quote Originally Posted by krag35 View Post
    2 1/2" 410 I have been following them on Ebay for over a year and have not found one I was pilling to pay the price for, probably won't either.
    Do a search now, I think I saw one a day or two ago, but it was around 20$ with no shot or powder dipper. At least it wouldn't (or shouldn't) be too hard to scrounge or make dippers that throw the proper charge. The loaders don't seem like they would be too hard to make if someone had the proper tools and skill (I have neither). Now that I think of it I think that 410 kit was missing the decapper or something else too or I may have bid.

Does anyone know if they were ever made in 7.62x39? It probably wouldn't be of much use for an AK or SKS, but there are quite a few bolt actions and single shots these would be great for. I was thinking of maybe buying an extra kit in 303 British and hacking .6" off the bottom of the sizer die. Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I have one of the Mequon unitized loaders. It is in .375 H&H, I bought it "bottom Feeding" on e-Bay.
    I haven't used it yet, so I don't know if it FL re-sizes.

I have accumulated 14 calibers over the years. They are my favorite, I rarely use my presses anymore.
    On the old LEE Custom Engineering (I think that was the former company name) and the Mequon Reloading Corporation sets the Unitized kits full length size and the Improved kits neck size only.
    Last edited by 0verkill; 03-15-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Unpacking loading gear onto new loading bench and found this old Lee catalog. Shows what Lee Loaders were available once. Thought it might prove interesting addition to thread.

Larry Gibson
    Last edited by Larry Gibson; 04-08-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I've got a NOS .25/35 Unitized with the plastic priming tool that I would trade for a .32/20...

Froggie

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Don't know if they ever made it but I'd love to find one for 44WCF. Could not make out Larry's attachment...
    Condor John

Boolit Grand Master

Let's see if I can make it bigger.

Not successful, don't know how to make it show bigger.

Larry Gibson
    Last edited by Larry Gibson; 05-18-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Boolit Bub
    7.65 Arg.

Boolit Buddy
    I was lucky enough to stumble on one for the Argentine. The other day I picked one up for the 30-40 Krag and one for 7.7 Jap. On ebay last week there was a Lee Loader in 30-40 Krag that sold for $60+. WOW! Best Wishes, Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Let's see if I can make it bigger.

Not successful, don't know how to make it show bigger.

Larry Gibson
    Thanks for posting that, sadly I can't get it to enlarge. Maybe a mod who is more tech savvy can help out.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BudRow View Post
    I was lucky enough to stumble on one for the Argentine. The other day I picked one up for the 30-40 Krag and one for 7.7 Jap. On ebay last week there was a Lee Loader in 30-40 Krag that sold for $60+. WOW! Best Wishes, Bud
    My first LL was a .30-40 for an old Krag sporter carbine my grand uncle had built. IIRC, it was $10 or less NOS in about 1974. I then found a .222 Mag set for a friend who had a groundhog gun in that caliber and even found a unitized .45-70 for another friend (I wish I had kept that one for myself. ) Out of that whole list I doubt I paid more than $15 for any of them. I'd really like to find the missing parts to make my target set ("Zero Error?") for .243 complete, but then again that rifle is a lever action Savage 99 and probably needs FL sizing. Keep looking, they are out there, and people bought a lot of them, used them once or twice, then upgraded to a bench press set up and just stored the Lees away.

Froggie

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 0verkill View Post
    Thanks for posting that, sadly I can't get it to enlarge. Maybe a mod who is more tech savvy can help out.
    Right click on the picture, save it to your photos. Then you can use the magnifing tool in your viewer to enlarge it to read.
    Best,
    Mike

NRA Life Member
    Remember Ira Hayes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast