WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noe 311365 sp

Banned

Wow! 4-5 min flatter! That's incredible.

I finally got some loaded, now to find a day to get to the range!

Boolit Mold
    Is it too early for another run of these?
    I bought one these in .311 and after running it in my .308 and 300 whisper I really want to try the .314 version in my new AK.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
    Finaly tried these in my AR10T in 308 win

5 shots at 100 yds

Load was 28grs varget in win brass lit with a win LR primer. Boolits where cast from lyno sized to 311 and lubed with a home brew hard lube and fitted with hornady checks.
    What kind of velocity were you getting from this load? I am trying to get a round worked up for my PTR 91 (clone of a civilian HK G3) in a .308 and had trouble with getting the action to cycle with less than 35 grains of BLC2 and Lee's tumble lube 160 grain 7.62 bullet (i did not tumble lube, but rather pan lubed with a bees wax/paraffin/stp mix) sized to .309 (lee sizer). I am getting in on the next GB for this mold and hope the heavier bullet will allow the action to cycle with a lower charge. I tried gas checks and had much better results with 43.5 grains of BLC2 (BLC2 was a lower pressured powder I hoped would work and still give me rifle velocities), but was still getting a gray patch (minor leading of the barrel I suspect) even though the bore still looked shiny. Would you or anyone else have suggestions? Thanks!

Checking a few 300 Whisper load data sites, I see loads listed using "red Dot", just wondering if anyone has tried any of the faster pistol powders like 700 X, 231, Unique for sub sonic loads ??
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    Wow! 4-5 min flatter! That's incredible.

!
    Blammer, and all, I found about the same thing when I was testing the 311365 & the 311299 at 200 meters and only driving them about 1100-1150 fps.

311365 in the Krag rifle

I've been waiting for a chance to give this bullet a try out of my parkerized Krag rifle. It was real nice here in Upper Appalachia today, and I got my chance. I tried a couple loads with some fast burning powders, 10B101 and SPP210, a 4198 clone and wasn't getting good results. Lead blowing back onto the neck of the cases indicated pressure was too high, though I was using an alloy generally good for me at a PSI of 35,000 or so. That .305" nose significantly increases the bearing surface and subsequently the pressure generated by this bullet as compared to say a .301 bore rider. I seated the bullets out to an OAL of 3.213" and they were hard into the rifling. Bullets were cast of a high tin alloy (10%) I use, and only weighed 183gr checked and lubed. Lube was a concoction of mineral spirits, Marvel Mystery Oil, and LLA that I've dubbed LLAMMO. Just a single dip seems sufficient.

Decided slower might be better since I have some reloader 19 to use up. 36.5gr of it fell into 6 cases primed with CCI250 primers. So here's how 6 shots went at about 60yds. I haven't tried them seated to magazine length, if that would work I'd say they're accurate enough to replace the costly match J-words which I can no longer afford. I'm guessing velocity to have been 2000-2100fps out of the 30" barrel, and it looks like I might be able to shoot a whole highpower match without cleaning. Before shooting this group I'd shot ten of the SPP210 loads (about a 2.5" group). The rear sight was all the way down, 6 o'clock hold on the plate, sandbagged off the top of my car.

Last edited by madsenshooter; 12-06-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

I have used that same powder. You're the only other guy I know that's used it. I used 23gr of 4198 so weighed the same for the SPP210 with that same boolit and got the same results as the other load. The only difference was the velocity. The normal load was 1800fps and these clocked at 1600fps. I found that odd, so did you have the same results? My seating depth is 3.010" so maybe I need to play with that a little bit and see if I can get a change.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Well, I was trying a larger dose of the SPP210, 25.5gr I believe, well below 180gr max charges I've found, and like I said, because of the long bearing surface, the pressure was too high for the alloy, though it is over 23BHN. When you say "normal load", do you mean a load with a smaller nose? More bearing surface will bring the velocity down and pressure up, both quickly it appears, and of course my hard alloy figures in there too. Forgot to mention the bullets were sized to .309 for the .308 groove diameter barrel, spring back on the gascheck made it .310. I don't think there's any other cast bullet that'll give me a higher BC. The 308329 I once had might, but it had too much unsupported nose for most Krags.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

My alloy is just hardball. My groove dia. is 310 so I size to 312. I came to the conclusion that in order to get the same velocities I would have to go up to 25gr. My normal load is 23gr. IMR4198 so I just used the same weight of SPP210. My normal boolit has been 314299 with a 304 nose works real well. The last time I shot my Krag I used the 311365 and got the same results and impact on the target so it's a wash between both powder and boolit for me.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

OK, I see what you mean. I've never had any other 4198 to compare the SPP210 to. I have Accurate mold's 31-230E which weighs 220gr checked and lubed in my alloy. It really fits the throat good and is below max magazine length, but the BC can't be good compared to the 365's, so I'm going to try the 365 a tenth inch off the lands an see how it does. It's sort of a competition to select the replacement for the J-words. NOE's 311284 is in there too, and it too is a good fit in both throat and magazine with its .302 nose.

-Thomas Jefferson

Has anyone had any success {2 MOA or less} with the 311365 out of an M1A/ M-14 ? I've tried some and the 311299 always shoots smaller groups. I'm starting low ,25 gn 4895 and 21.5 AA 223 so I probably need to keep working up, and will include RL-7 in the next rounds of tests.

just bought one, anyone running one in their garands?

Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    just bought one, anyone running one in their garands?
    Where'd you buy yours from? I've been watching the noe site for over a month and they don't seem to care to make another 311365 mold.

Where else can I get ~200gr SP GC in .311?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post

There's quite a variety of them available in the 200 grain range from Accurate Molds...
    http://accuratemolds.com/catalog.php?page=2

And MidSouth Shooters Supply has some Lyman molds in stock...
    http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...-point-311-dia

Quote Originally Posted by StratsMan View Post
    There's quite a variety of them available in the 200 grain range ...
    Those all have flat noses or meplats. Lyman doesn't produce 200gr SPGC (Spitzer + GC), just round nose or flat. Ideally I'd like a 3 ogive or longer, with a flat smaller than 0.1"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Where'd you buy yours from? I've been watching the noe site for over a month and they don't seem to care to make another 311365 mold.

Send Al a PM on your wants. That's how I got mine, when the selection was low.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, well I purchased this mold for my blackout Remington 700, but I do believe it's going to be to long. So gonna shoot is in my 308. Has anybody tried 11.5 unique with this bullet?

Boolit Buddy
    Watch out you'll put your eye out with one of those.

Boolit Buddy
    "just bought one, anyone running one in their garands"

I'm using 34 gr of IMR 4895 and getting very good results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12