Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noe 311365 sp

Noe 311365 sp

Here are some pics of my 311365s from my brand new NOE mold. This is my first NOE mold and It will not be the last.

This is the pile just after dumping them out of the bucket.

These are waiting for gas checks.

Here are a few after seating some .014 CheckMaker gas checks.

I seated a test cartridge (to the crimp groove) to see if they would fit in all of my rifles and if fit in every one so no problem there.

I hope to get these lubed and sized tomorow and hopefully get to the range to try out a few loads this week. I just hope they shoot half as good as they look!

If I can get them to shoot decent and operate the action of my M1 I will be one happy camper.

Boolit Buddy
    These were fired out of my 308 win @ 50 yards this morning.

How does your mold drop? Mine needs A LOT of help with the mallet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2911.jpg   IMG_2912.jpg  

Excellent work so far. Have you tried 2400 or 3031? I look forward to similar results.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't tried those powders in the 308 yet. My goal this spring and summer is to try as many powders with the Saeco #315 and the 311365 as I can. Those are on the list at some point

I am seeing really consistant weights in the 197-198gr range with this mold. I am really happy with it aside from the hard release of the boolits. They all stick in the left side of the mold.

try pushing on the rear of the mold towards the other block with your mallet and opening the mold very slowly.this works wonders with sticky ones as it makes the mold open back to front and pulls bullets from the cavities.You may have to try the same on the left side if that doesn't work.All mold are different.I rarely use a mallet beyond a very light tap to knock bullets from my molds.

HMP

CWME,

Once it got up to temperature the mold was very consitant with the drop.

I hold the mold on its side and tap the sprue plate down then open the mold over the bucket and turn it with all boolits still in the left side. usually one tap knocks them all into the water.

I don't use a mallet, just a 1x1 stick.

Boolit Master
    Sharp..

Do they even need powder behind them to fly..

And.. As mine was thick enough..

It suits also for the 7.62X39..
    Hush Hush..

S
    Last edited by seppos; 03-16-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Post your results and loads when you fire those. Interested to hear how everyone is loading these and what the results are.

Boolit Master
    Wilco..

S

Boolit Master
    Just came back from the range.. As I was in hurry, I did not take the supressor for my Sako M-92.. Big mistake that I remembered while I was pulling the cocking handle at the range..
    Sako evidently have smaller gasport hole, so it did not worked without supressor.. It kicked out spend cases but did not had enough momentum to insert new cartridge to the chamber..
    With 300m sight setting the groupings where about 6-7 seven inches above the aiming point.
    Palm sized groups as I had to reload manually bitween shots.

With AK-47 the feeding was flawless.. Only problem was that the bullets went a bit low..
    In the begining I had the 300m setting on sights.. First round kicked some snow in front of the target, and the rest went under it. This was with 299.. With 365 I used 400m setting, and that too was not enough.. I managed to hit 4 times out from 10 to the lower part of target, and the grouping with them was about 2 inches from the 100 m..

So.. Back to the drawing board so to speak.. Unfortunately I dont have 50m range close buy, so I have to do the testing from 100m..

S

I did get to go to the range this weekend and tried out some of the test loads.

I tried THE LOAD or 13gr Red Dot, for use in my bolt guns and some 4064 loads for the M1. Both were satisfactory. The 4064 load was 35gr over my 311365 with alum GC and Caranuba Red, sized to 311. It chronographed just over 1900 fps and the accuracy was about the same as with the Lee 160 RN that I was using previously. Not great accuracy but it will keep it inside a 5-6" circle at 100 yards. (Note: this is not a match rifle and I am no match shooter, minute of milk jug is about all I need to be happy).

I am planing to run another test dialing back the powder charge in 1/2 Gr increments to see what the bottom line is for opperating the M1 with this boolit as a few other members have suggested that this boolit would stabilize best at or below 1800fps. Anyone have any other opinions on this? What kind of velocities are you playing with?

I am also curious about the seating depth of the boolit. I tried 2 different heights, one with the crimp inside the crimp groove (my notes are in the shop or I would tell you the actual measurment) and the other with the crimp between the crimp groove and the top lube groove. Honnesty, I couldn't tell any difference in accuracy or anything else for that matter but I was curious what you guys were doing with them.

i shoot the bullet at 1600-1700 and it stabilizes fine in my 1-10 30-06.i believe you are driving it too fast.Or at least faster than i have had luck with that bullet.I haven't shoot mine in M1's but in my bolt guns i seat it until it engraves the throat but i have seated it off a bit(to fit a magazine) and it still shot well.

HMP

Boolit Man
    Finaly tried these in my AR10T in 308 win

5 shots at 100 yds

Load was 28grs varget in win brass lit with a win LR primer. Boolits where cast from lyno sized to 311 and lubed with a home brew hard lube and fitted with hornady checks.

Boolit Man
    Aaron,

Very Good shooting.

Did you feed these manually? Looks like you didn't get any nose deforming on feed.
    Its been an issue with this boolit in my ARs.

After some help from folks here, that boolit has become a real shooter for me too, at least in my bolt guns.
    Rays

Boolit Grand Master
    AaronJ

VERY IMPRESSIVE ! !

Boolit Man
    Ray I feed them through the mag and they cycled the action perfectly. When I pulled one out of the chamber nose deformation was minimal, all I could really see where the scrapes from the locking lugs. This group was part of a test to see what would cycle my AR this was the slowest load I tried and was the most accurate by far.

Banned

I cast some today from my 2C Brass NOE. Once I got it broke in it was doing just beautifully!

Using WW's I water dropped them as I'm thinking that the harder boolits will help with less nose slump when shooting.

200gr as cast with my alloy. .311 on the money. Gator checks a nice snug fit.

I managed to poke a few holes in my fingers with that pointy nose. I gotta be careful!

I'm hoping they do well in my Rem 30-06.

Boolit Man
    AaronJ

I should asked before. Did you seat to press against the rifling or back off a little?

Mine hits the rifling at about 2.745 col in the AR.
    Rays

Boolit Man
    Ray I seated them to feed in my mags. I guess I just dont see the point of a semi auto single shot . Next time I am at my bench I will measure my dummy round and let you know.

steel rams & 500 meters

Fellows,
    Thank you for the encouraging reports. I recently made some bullets in linotype and loaded them over 36/H414/WLR for my 788 30-30. THe bullets weighed 194 grs with Hornady g.c. on board.

I was heading to Ridgway for the Cast Bullet Silhouette Campionship and I wanted to test them for accuracy at 500 meters. When I tested them, the conditions weren't the greatest (windy!) but I tried firing each shot when the wind had died a bit.

Accuracy was around 1 1/2 moa which I thought was pretty darn good with a 2,000 f.p.s. load. It shot about 4 to 5 minutes flatter than the 311299 with the same charge.

w30wcf
    aka w44wcf
    aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member
    .22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F. Cartridge Historian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast