WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Norma 205

Boolit Master

Norma 205

I saw KCSO's post of a few weeks ago and I too am in teh same boat.

Any one have data for this powder? Not really surplus, but I need some info if anyone has some. What can it be used for, what is the burning rate, how old might it be? Not familar with norma powder, but 4 lbs came our way at way to good of a price (almost free fertilizer price).

any other manuals or comments on a good use?

thanks
    Jeremy
    Last edited by scrapcan; 11-26-2006 at 01:19 AM. Reason: added mention of previous post by KCSO

Boolit Master

Best powder for .30-'06 and 180 Nosler Partitions

You can get 2900 fps. I made quite an impression on several caribou and a lot of deer with it. Norma says their loading data for N205 is good for MRP. PM me if you are interested in the data for the .30-'06.

CDD

Boolit Buddy
    Norma makes PRIMO stuff. 205 was replaced/became 205 and they are very similar to Alliant Re22 (made in Sweden also, Hmmm). You will probably get very good accuracy with 205 and the 180 grainer and heavier bullets. Even with a maximum charge, velocity may be a little down from faster powders (4350,Re 19, N204), but not enough to worry about. You will most likely run out of case capacity before hitting pressure signs (but that is JUST my opinion). Good powder, great price-you are lucky today!!!

Boolit Master

Iam interested in load data for whatever cartridges you have had experience with.

Ihave several boxes of 175 gr sierra for 8mm and was thinking this may be a way to shoot a milsurp with jacketed.

Also would it be useful for cast in ant cartridge?

Boolit Master

Norma's website has no MRP data for 8mm

MRP replaced N205. Norma's explanation at the time was that they were having trouble controlling the burn rate, and were having to scrap some lots. Norma said one could use N205 data with MRP.

Hunting around, I finally did find some MRP data on Norma's website for the .30-'06. See here, and hunt through the 10 pages of .30-'06 loads until you find the one with 180's and MRP:

http://www.norma.cc/sida/eng/index.html

The data from my N205 .30-06 load of N205 is maximum, 180gr Nosler partition, and a CCI large rifle primer in a Remington case. I got it originally from the Handloader about 1972 or 1973. It's safe in my GI barrel, which has a long throat, which may explain why my primers are not that flat.

CDD
    Last edited by NuJudge; 11-26-2006 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Norma's website does have some data for .3006 (hard to find)

Boolit Grand Master

Manleyjt; Speer manuals 8 and 9 have data for n205

30/06 24 " bbl
    180 gr SP
    n205 59.0-63.0 grs,2633-2815 fps

probably a little slow for 8mm

Boolit Master

thanks for the info

SWheeler,

Thanks for the info. I sent a PM. I am in teh process of aquiring a few old speer manuals. I have a few places to look. Until I come up with some I will beg and plead for everyones help.

Jeremy