Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: lee loader and a arbore press

Banned

lee loader and a arbore press

well guys i was thinking can the lee classic loaders be used with a small arbor press

Boolit Master
    I use them with one. Works better than a hammer.
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Buddy
    Indeed they can, I use all of mine regularly that way. If yours has enough leverage the sizing can be done that way way as well. If it has enough height, seating the primers is a lot less "tedious" also. Never had one go off with the arbor press, can't say that when using the mallet. To keep from resetting the height so many times I do them in the "batch" method. I have a set for every rifle I own and some I don't.(yet) For several of my rifles, I also use the powder scoop. Havn't found a deer, groundhog,crow,fox etc....... that could tell the difference. I do check on my scale what the scoop holds for the powder I'm using, but that's the only time.
    Did you know that many benchrest shooters use hand dies and arbor presses and throw their powder from a measure? Most will calibrate the measure to a scale and then throw the powder weight up or down by simply turning the micrometer a known distance and never use a scale again until they change powder or Lot#'s.

Using an arbor press with hand dies is getting pretty high tech, think you can handle it........
    Good luck,
    Mike
    " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him neither harm nor favor"

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Not a whole lot different than if one was using Wilson Dies, and a small arbor press.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Not a whole lot different than if one was using Wilson Dies, and a small arbor press.
    ya but one thing is differnt is the price

Ive never tried the classic loader, but watching a guy use it on youtube scared me off big time
    The idea of banging on a live round with a hammer/mallet just doesnt appeal to my self preservation instincts

Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    Ive never tried the classic loader, but watching a guy use it on youtube scared me off big time
    The idea of banging on a live round with a hammer/mallet just doesnt appeal to my self preservation instincts
    I loaded hundreds of rounds waaaaaaaay back in my earlier days, never had a problem. Much less of a problem than dropping a live round.

If it would be all of that dangerous the lawyers would have shut the whole company down many, many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    I loaded hundreds of rounds waaaaaaaay back in my earlier days, never had a problem. Much less of a problem than dropping a live round.

If it would be all of that dangerous the lawyers would have shut the whole company down many, many years ago.
    Nevertheless, I'll stick to using a press

Well I will admit I have moved on from those early days, however it was as safe as any other reloading method.

I do use the Lee Loader and an arbor press when bench shooting 5 rounds at a time. Load 5, shoot 5.

Remember the old saying, Don't knock it till you've tried it.