Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision

Thread: mosin nagant scope mount report

mosin nagant scope mount report

sighted in my scope mount on my m44 today i looked down the barrel and set a laser level to set up the scout mount on it ..... fired at 20 yards adjusted @ 20 clicks up and right ... shot 2-3 more and adjusted ,a few times more,... i was worried this would not hold zero well im happy to say 30 shots later im shooting 1" groups with this old beast and the bore is rough looking ... shot 300 yards away and i have to say it held up to the blasting rifle yhis gun throws a ring of fire 21/2 feet around the barrel in the dusk ..it has quite a kick like a 30-06, but zero was exellent shot about a 6-7"pattern with 10 shots 300 yds away , good enough to hunt with .. wow my 1917 rifle in 3006 and this now which one to hunt with ... thats a delima i can live with
    Last edited by badbob454; 03-23-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Boolit Master
    What brand of scope mount? Long eye relief or do you have a sniper bolt handle?

think it was an AIM brand and a 3-7x38 scope long eye relief got it off eb*y for @ 15.00 i think came with no instructions so i went online and found some to mount it

I have the same mount and it is holding zero fine.Six to seven inch 10 shot groups out of a rough bore 44 carbine is pretty impressive at 300 yards.

HMP

I remember a VC sniper chasing me around in the flare light on a firebase one night with a Nagant, and I'm glad he wasn't shooting that well, or I was changing direction enough to throw him off. Still it was his first missed round that gave me the clues i needed to move. They sure can be effective rifles at that range though!

Boolit Master
    No dilema ........... just use the "Russian" in very nasty weather and your '17 on the nice days!!

(I've got both and love both as well)

Three 44s

I use the AIM scope on my Krag. Throw the rubber o-ring that's supposed to be a gasket for the ocular bell away, and you can get the lock ring tight. Otherwise it shifts around. I doubt there's any nitrogen in the scope anyway.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by badbobgerman View Post
    think it was an AIM brand and a 3-7x38 scope long eye relief got it off eb*y for @ 15.00 i think came with no instructions so i went online and found some to mount it

Pics???
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.