Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: 32 remington ammo? for Rem. mdl 8

Boolit Bub

32 remington ammo? for Rem. mdl 8

Cannot find this anywhere! Anyone have a lead on where to buy correct headstamp .32 Remington ammo? Old west scrounger occasionally it, but not correct headstamp. ??

In Remebrance

You'd have to find old stock cases or ammo. I know where 5-6 boxes are if you really want some. I also have a set of dies ($) if you need them. Those are tough to find.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Its easiest to neck up 30 Remington cases. Thats what I do. They used to sell them in bulk..................

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Dunno about availability of .32 or .25 Rem. correct headstamp cases, AFAIK the manufaturers don't even think about making them. The good news is that huntingtons.com has a plentiful stock of Remington .30 Rem. cases.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master
    I think Dangerous Dave the Old Western Scrounger, has loaded ammo, in his proprietary boxes. But if you have the .30 Rem shells (Huntington's sells them, I believe) and a set of .32 Rem dies, you should be able to neck them up.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Yes, the 30s easily neck up to make and load into 32s with RCBS loading dies. And with an "M" die you can load cast as well. I was never able to make up any spire point loaded 32s for my Remington 14 using jacketed, because the ogives were not right when using 8mm jacketed with respect to OAL. But the Hornady 170 FPs for the Winchester especiale work well as does the cast RCBS FN for the 32.

Don't worry about the case headstamp use magic marker marks on either the boolit nose or the case primer.

BvT.
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Bub
    I could order the dies, and the .30 Rem, and neck them up, but I like things to match. I dont even neck up 30-06 anymore for my 25-06, even though I've got a boatload of 30-06 brass, and nothing to shoot them in.. Just trying to find correct headstamp...

Boolit Mold
    I have a couple of extra boxes of original .32 Remington for Model 8 and 81. I'm trying to sell them for $75/box.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewpeter View Post
    I have a couple of extra boxes of original .32 Remington for Model 8 and 81. I'm trying to sell them for $75/box.
    Wow, If I had a 32 I would consider rebarreling!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master
    I recently bought a couple boxes of .32 Remingtons out of a gunshop in Oregon, via the internet, for $15/box. The stuff is out there if you dig deep enough.

Boolit Buddy
    I thought Buffalo Arms had them in their Catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Trollwhack View Post
    ....Don't worry about the case headstamp use magic marker marks on either the boolit nose or the case primer.

BvT.
    I use Brass Black. Same idea, but won't come off as easily.
    Uber7mm

Bambi: The great American hunting story as told through the eyes of the antagonist.

Boolit Master
    I saw a bunch of 30 remington brass for sale at the gun show today. 50 pieces of new brass for $30. I don't have a rifle in any of these calibers, so don't know if that was a good deal or not. He probably had 500 pieces for sale.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post
    I saw a bunch of 30 remington brass for sale at the gun show today. 50 pieces of new brass for $30. I don't have a rifle in any of these calibers, so don't know if that was a good deal or not. He probably had 500 pieces for sale.
    Pretty good price considering Remington has not made a run in a while.

Boolit Master

Be careful that the new 30 Remington brass isn't actually "30 Remington AR" brass. It's a different animal altogether.

Regarding the original question, I guess I'd just bite the bullet and just form 32 Rem cases from 30 Rem cases and not worry about the headstamp. Many of us make cartridge conversions from time to time to get an old and unusual rifle to the range. I do this for 7.7 Jap, 7.65 X 53, and 8mm Mauser cases from LC 30/06 brass. Doing so in the case of the Remington rounds would only be an aesthetic issue and in actuality would be a much easier process than the above mentioned conversions. The 32 Winchester Specials that I convert from necking up 30/30s work just great.

I've got a very nice Model 141 in 30 Remington and as I have a stockpile of brass, I certainly wouldn't turn down a similarly nice one in 25 or 32 Remington to play with. Of course some of that 30 Rem brass would have to get necked up or down to support such a project.
    Last edited by Scharfschuetze; 07-12-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master
    When it comes to something like a 32 rem its alot of effort to try and find head stamped cases. I saw 2 of those old remingtons in a gun store not long ago, looked really nice, one in 32 rem, other in 35. I considered buying the 35 as you can buy ammo for it, but looked up 32 rem and saw it was gonna be a pain to deal with so passed on them. I have enough things now to form brass for.

Banned
    Graf has 30 rem cases that make fine 25 or 32 rem cases.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinman View Post
    Graf has 30 rem cases that make fine 25 or 32 rem cases.
    Why bother with resizing the .30, they have .25 and .32 for the same price.
    Back in the land of boolits.

I've always wanted a .32 Rem Model 8. I'd love to see a pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk