MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Lead wire FS

Boolit Buddy

Lead wire FS

Movin to swappin & sellen

I have extruded lead wire for sale, 185, 247,365,275, and so on. If any one is tired of casting. got 10 lb roll's and 3ft sticks??
    Last edited by BLASTER62; 03-06-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: wrong page

Boolit Bub
    How long are the wires? Lengths or a spool? How much are they? I can use wire for 357 and 44 caliber applications. Not sure of the diameter, but thinking .312 and .375 minimum for my needs.

Please let me know as I get paid this week!

Thank you
    Jeff

Boolit Buddy
    What price for what weights?

Boolit Buddy

lead wire

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER62 View Post
    LUP: Do you want cut to weight cores?
    I'll take either spools of lead wire or lengths of reasonable size. If you're cutting precision cores, I'm interested in hearing about your process but was interested right now in just the wire.

Thanks,

Boolit Bub
    I might be out of line here, but the FOR SALE items go in the "swappin and sellin" section, don't they ?

I think it is okay to post a reference to what you have for sale here, but not conduct the transactions on this thread.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, as I see a few people doing the same thing.

I think it is listed in the Cast Boolits "terms". Did they change the rules and just not update the rule thread ?
    Last edited by randmplumbingllc; 03-06-2011 at 09:07 PM.

This was posted in response to this thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=107970

Several people were asking where to get lead wire, and Blaster62 makes it. He probably could have listed a reference to a listing in Swappin & Tradin, but he's kind of new on this forum, so how about we afford him a little slack?

Hope this helps.

Fred

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    This was posted in response to this thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=107970

Several people were asking where to get lead wire, and Blaster62 makes it. He probably could have listed a reference to a listing in Swappin & Tradin, but he's kind of new on this forum, so how about we afford him a little slack?

Hope this helps.

Fred
    He can have all the "slack" in the world. I just asked a question..... that is ALL !

Your response did not answer my question though...........so "thanks" anyway.

Boolit Master
    In post 1 he said moving to swapin and sellen, I assume he posted it there.

Quote Originally Posted by randmplumbingllc View Post
    I might be out of line here, but the FOR SALE items go in the "swappin and sellin" section, don't they ?

I think it is okay to post a reference to what you have for sale here, but not conduct the transactions on this thread.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, as I see a few people doing the same thing.

I think it is listed in the Cast Boolits "terms". Did they change the rules and just not update the rule thread ?
    Now that you mention it, I have noted the same thing, and they do get told that they need to post the for sale items in the appropriate forum. Most the people who do this are fairly new to the forum.

Boolit Bub
    Much appreciated !

There seems to be a trend of posting items "for sale" on threads other than the swappin and sellin thread.

I posted a link from "flee-bay" a while back, about a swage press I saw there, just as a "heads up". My post was promptly deleted by the mods.

So....that is why I asked if the rules had changed...or something.

If the rule is the rule, then we all need to follow it. Thats all.

No disrespect to the OP. (your post just happend to be the one that brought this to a head. Nothing personal. ) The rules need to apply to all of us....thats all.

I think most would agree that they would rather read about the hobby and not read all the self- promoting commercials we have seen, as of late.

Again, that is what the "swappin and sellin" section is for.

Sorry for the long rant. It has been brewing for a while.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 7of7 View Post
    Now that you mention it, I have noted the same thing, and they do get told that they need to post the for sale items in the appropriate forum. Most the people who do this are fairly new to the forum.
    Point taken that some are new, but the ones that are not new need to follow the rules as well.

Like I said, the rules are the rules, for EVERYONE, especially for the people that have been here for a long time.

I know the mods can't read every post, but I, for one, wish all the "sales pitches" outside of the appropriate area would end.
    Last edited by randmplumbingllc; 03-07-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    As was mentioned, staff can not read every post. There is a LOT of them each day. When you see something that needs moved, use the little "!" in the triangle under the names. If they need moved, we move them. You are the boots on the ground to help us keep it together.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    Wow!! I havent been in so much trouble since I wrecked the old mans car when I was a kid!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER62 View Post
    Wow!! I havent been in so much trouble since I wrecked the old mans car when I was a kid!
    Naw, you aint in trouble. You didn't know.

There are some that DO know and still see fit to push the envelope.

Its all good.