MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2011 nevada cast bullet shoot may 20-21-22 2011

Banned

While Al is a great guy, and I just remembered I have to send a set of dies to him, I can't very well let him do all the lifting and upstage me can I?

I mean it's gonna make me look bad and I've got a reputation to prop up!!! ...

Patmarlins is contributing to this years NCBS...

Two (2) sets of Checkmaker™ dies in choice of caliber

Two (2) Standard size version ROCKDock™ systems with three (3) custom drilled standard base plates of your choosing.

Moderator Emeritus

Great going Pat.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Pat, thank you for the donations, but, bring some extra ones with you if you can please....Walt

Boolit Master
    dittos to Walt. Budget is tight for this trip but I might find a little extra after I make my annual booze run from Ben's in downtown Winne. 40% cheaper than Washington State

Boolit Man
    i couldn't make it last year, but I'm definitely coming this year. just need to find time to load up an obscene amount of ammo

Boolit Buddy

Smile On the Way!!!

I've never been to one of these before- But- this year I'm coming for sure- I'll make sure to bring a shootin' pardner as well- looks like a whole lot of fun to be shared by all--

Chuck 358wcf

Love Life
    I am hoping I can make it to this years. This will be my first one to.

Boolit Man
    i love the idea of a lever action silhouette Match! always wanted to do one.

Chuck......358wcf,

A harty welcome, glad to have more northern CA. It is like you said "a whole lot of fun shared by all". I'm curious about your location.....I will PM you.

Again welcome,
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Buddy
    So, what does it take to get into this shindig? I haven't managed to cast anything yet, I just started reloading. I can bring knives, of course. might be nice to bring the mausers all out.

Winnemuca is a haul, but I think I can figure it out from harmon junction.......
    --
    Shoot more!

Boolit Master
    Just bring yourself, a smile, and a few hundred rounds of ammo. I'm looking forward to seeing your knives. I may bring along some African hardwoods for knife handle blanks to donate to you just to get them out of the storage area (need the space)

Boolit Buddy
    mmmm, no speedloaders, does that include speed strips? Just happens to be how I carry most of my ammo for revolvers.

I best get my leatherbench cleared of sheaths and work on some cartridge loops.

Read the posts on hotels. I figure it's a bit much to commute, 2 or 2.25 hours each way.

Main question- what time Friday?
    --
    Shoot more!

On Heaven's Range

The restriction on extra mags/speed-loaders etc is ONLY for the team rifle and team handgun events. I think that "speed strips" might be classified as speed-loaders, but the Rools Kommittee can decide that question.

These are team-against team shoots on breakable targets, and the only "prize" is the bragging rights. Teams are created by drawing names from a hat. The team that breaks its targets the quickest is the winner.

The one-magazine/no-speed-loader restriction means a more-level playing field between those shooting auto-loaders vs bolt actions in the rifle shoot, and those shooting auto-loaders vs revolvers in the handgun match. Now that I think about it, I believe autoloading rifles are BANNED from the team rifle shoot.

Remember that this whole weekend is purely a FUN event. The so-called "competitions" are very low-key and nothing at all like a regular "target match".

Details on scheduling will be posted as the date draws closer, but the Friday evening meeting/dinner will start at 6pm at Chihuahua's restaurant.

The Guiding Principles for this Shoot have been enshrined for many years now:

1. BE SAFE

2. HAVE FUN

3. NO WHINING
    Last edited by BruceB; 04-02-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Buddy
    Oh, I shoot a lot but I don't compete locally at all! I was just wondering because I have a bad habit of fumbling loose rounds in the tight confines of a bulldog.
    --
    Shoot more!

Love Life
    If I can come I have the secret weapon for shooting boards in half. 8 shot revolver shooting 38 Special popcorn loads loaded with wadcutters. My wife says I can go, but I'm trying to get her to come along. Anybody elso who might be going solo want to go in half on a hotel?

Banned

Question-

My nephew Alex is coming with me. He bought his first rifle on his own, earlier this year which is an AR-15 of course- you know young kids.

He's the only gun owner in his family and has severely bucked the trend- creating some shock and disappointment from his father (retired Microsoft Exe)... (I'm seriously rolling my eyes here)

He eventually prevailed and is now allowed to keep his rifle in his bedroom closet.

I guess he considers his uncle Pat his hero, and when my wife asked if he would like to go to NCBS, I think he jumped up and down and did a few back flips as he said yes.

So my question is, is there any opportunity where he can shoot his black rifle there? I don't have any experience loading for the AR outside of copper. Don't know that we will have the time to work with it, as he's down south about 4 hours away.

He's a wee bit taller now, then when this photo was taken.

Boolit Grand Master
    Far be it from me to usurp the august offices of our exalted Rools Kommittee, but I think the "exclusion" of autoloading rifles and redcoat bullets only applied to the team events or the group and score matches, as Bruce mentioned. The range site itself is safe and authorized for 5.56 and other centerfire full-tilt jacketed loadings. There's a 400 yard dinger plate that should keep him fully entertained with that EBR. And rest assured, there will be plenty of rifles and handguns available for him to test-drive to his heart's content. He would be welcome to grab anything needed from my stash to compete with.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

On Heaven's Range

Heavens, YES to what Al just posted.

First and foremost, we are SHOOTERS, and that's the name of the game.

The range is perfectly safe for just about anything, even my .50BMG, and your young man will be very welcome.....along with his black rifle. I'd bet that there will be other rifles of the same description on-site (I'll bring some of mine, too!)

As a general thing, we at the NCBS even welcome members of the general public to share our firing line, as long as they also agree to obey the range rules and commands. We do NOT want to reduce anyone's ability to shoot their firearms if we can help.

The "competitions" (for lack of a better word) are indeed limited to cast bullets, but as Al says, there will be PLENTY of rifles and handguns for Alex to use as he wishes.

I regret to say (HAH) that he may not be the youngest attendee....another member has inquired about bringing his 20-MONTH-old daughter. I told him that there will be many grandmas and grandpas in attendance who will be very happy to meet such a cute new shooter. The more, the merrier!
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Pat,

Like the foregoing, we will probably have something that will interest the Young MAN.

Alex is welcome to what we have!

Looking forword to meeting you ,your nephew and all the rest of the wonderful folks.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Banned

Good, good, he will be very happy about that!

He's 19 years old now (just turned), and like I say he's a wee bit taller, and I'm a wee bit grayer ..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast