WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2011 nevada cast bullet shoot may 20-21-22 2011

On Heaven's Range

2011 nevada cast bullet shoot may 20-21-22 2011

All Right!

Them's the dates for the 2011 Shoot.

My apologies for not announcing the times before now. My personal condition has worried me, in regard to my abilities for pulling this together. With assurances of help from a variety of quarters already given, it should run just fine.

So....May 20-21-22 is the appointed schedule. This is the weekend BEFORE Memorial Day, as I'm hoping to avoid the crush of visitors etc in local hostelries, bars and other important venues.

I have a new Mexican place in mind for the Friday Rools Kommittee get-together. It's owned by a (former) co-worker of mine, and my visits to the place have been very satisfactory. I understand they have a private room available, but I'll be checking that out in the next short while. Sunday dinner at Ormachea's Basque Restaurant as usual, and likewise the Saturday shivaree at our house, are also on the schedule.

Thanks to all who have prompted me and expressed interest in the 2011 event. We will have one heck of a good time AS USUAL. Buckshot said it best, some years ago: "It's like a family re-union, except this is one where where you like everybody!"

Y'all had best start casting and loading. Reservations at local motels might be a good idea, too.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

BruceB. & Karen,

I can't tell you how much you are appreciated! Our family gang will be there. Can't tell you how many, probably 10-12. I will get you a firm number before to long. I' must get going on the reservation thing.

We want you to know that we will help in everyway we can.

Thanks again, Mac & Marlene
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 02-22-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Hey Moldy Joe,

Looking forward to seeing you, also hope to see Levi and your Bro, MT Gianni and Matt.

A SPECIAL THANKS for your SERVICE!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

I was hoping you were feeling better than last year Bruce as you did appear a little under the weather then. Thank you and your wife for all you do for us cast boolit guys. Jane and I sure plan on being there again this year and this time I will bring my farm of steel for us to clang about. Jane got me a little truck to haul the farm in for this year. Hope to see you all there again and hope to see a bunch of new faces also. Good shooting, Walt

Banned

Come hell or high water- I will be at this one.

Thank you Bruce for providing the meet again...
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 02-22-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Boolit Master
    I am so there. Can't wait.
    Glad you are feeling better Bruce. Sent a few prayers your way.

Super Moderator

.............I ready to go! I mean me personally. Not that I have stuff loaded to shoot yet No beer can morter again this year, but I CAN bring the golf ball cannon if someone wants to supply a bunch of golf balls

Team rifle shoot 2009. Two teams up, of 4 teams total.

Above from a couple years ago.

Pistolteam 3: Stakeshoot. Stakes in the background have 2 horizontal lines as aimpoints. Top stripe is the pistol one. Object was to cut the stake off. MtGianni as Safety Officer. Also a couple years ago.

At Ormachea's. Grand Finale' dinner and awards ceremony. Also from a couple years ago. Look close abd you can see a few of the proud recipients displaying their "Golden Wheelweight" plaques.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Who do I have to bribe to get an invite?

Dutch

Buckshot, I will bring my mortar and supply of golfballs. We can lay siege to Winnamucca.
    Now to get to reloading as the time seems to just fly by and all of a sudden it is time to pack and get it in gear. Maybe I can get Jane to shoot with the women folk this year....Walt

On Heaven's Range

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Who do I have to bribe to get an invite?

Dutch

Consider the bribe offered, and accepted!

EVERYONE is invited. You don't even have to bring any guns....based on past experience, there will be PLENTY of goodies around to shoot, and they'll be freely offered.

I'm tickled by the immediate (and positive) response....
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Banned

NV Bill a lefty?

I'm trying to decide on what 2 rifles to bring, and at least set time aside and start loading for them. Maybe more but I dunno.

Hey Cousin, is there a complete list somewheres of all the type shoot categories for the weekend? That would help me decide on what to bring.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

the place ot be

The trip arranger from Cobb speaks for me,barring another of the health related mishaps that seem to be closing in on us here..I'm hoping that the springs/shocks on her chariot will suffice for the return trip with an extra years worth of mould lease proceeds..expecting that our local friends who made the trip last year will be checking in here soon.. Hoping to get off at least one round from your big 50,Bruce... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master

I'm planning on being there. Been looking forward to it since leaving the range last year.
    I just hope gas ain't 5 bucks a gallon by then...
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here's to good health this year, the ever-present hospitality, and good company at NCBS! (and to slowing down the clock in order to find sufficient reloading time prior to May)
    Can't wait... Tom

Boolit Master
    SWMBO (Cindy!) and I have already started making plans to be there again this year!! I already have about half of her supply of .38 specials ready - only 1000 or so...
    Still have to cast and load for myself, but I'm sure there is plenty of time

Bruce and Karen, Mac and Marlene, Buckshot, Al, Walt, Matt, Gianni, Joe, Tom, Curmudgeon, etc... We are looking forward to seeing you all in May!!

Pat and Dutch - can't wait to meet 'ya!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    I am hoping to make it this year. If i do I will be riding the KLR. Probably would only be able to bring a hand gun and a couple hundred rounds of ammo. 1900 miles one way with the 375 H&H slung over my shoulder would be less than fun. Any decent place to bivouc out there? Do you have trees? Do you know what trees are?

I got pretty excited when Jen and I were out at Bonneville a couple weeks back and I saw a road sign that gave a mileage to Winnamucca, NV

Banned

Sure Nevada has lots of trees. They're just real short ..

Darn I wish I knew NV curmudgeon Bill was a lefty- I knew a guy who had one of Bill's favorite bolt action rifles for sale in left, and for cheap.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    Pat and Dutch - can't wait to meet 'ya!

Don
    Ditto Don- and I'll try to be on my best behavior...

How many rounds per firearm do you guys take?

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

portsiders

There is NO need to gather up temptations for NvCurmudgeon.. I have just what he "Needs" in hand,and,assuming I haven't laid it off on a local @ one of the three GunShows we will do B4 NCBS'11 ,will watch while he and Panama Jack dicker over who gets to buy it...NOT JUST your average Remmie 700 LH,either.. Onceabull--- (may also offer up a pretty 12 G O/U custom order with "cast on" stock for portsider)
    Last edited by onceabull; 02-24-2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: there is only 1 "n" in panama
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by redneckdan View Post
    I am hoping to make it this year. If i do I will be riding the KLR. Probably would only be able to bring a hand gun and a couple hundred rounds of ammo. 1900 miles one way with the 375 H&H slung over my shoulder would be less than fun. Any decent place to bivouc out there? Do you have trees? Do you know what trees are?

I got pretty excited when Jen and I were out at Bonneville a couple weeks back and I saw a road sign that gave a mileage to Winnamucca, NV
    Dan, lots of trees they just look like tall sage brush to some folks. You are welcome to shoot any rifle I bring.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast