Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Homemade?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fred2892 View Post
    Thanks for that. I no longer have a computer and view castboolits and other forums on a tablet using the tapatalk app. What I quoted is all I can see. No links show up for me.
    Any of the touchscreen devices (e.g. tablets, phones) suck for many of the web sites. I would hate to have to rely on just one of them for web browsing. Even the most basic laptop works better than the best tablet.

At the "Originally Post by ____" line, there should be a symbol like this:

Clicking on it will get you to the previous post. In the case in question, you would need to do it a couple of times to get back to the original post where the author was talking about setting up a timer to keep his tumbler from running too long. I suspect it is the same type of timer that you see for the indoor jacuzzi tubs.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Any of the touchscreen devices (e.g. tablets, phones) suck for many of the web sites. I would hate to have to rely on just one of them for web browsing. Even the most basic laptop works better than the best tablet.

At the "Originally Post by ____" line, there should be a symbol like this:

Clicking on it will get you to the previous post. In the case in question, you would need to do it a couple of times to get back to the original post where the author was talking about setting up a timer to keep his tumbler from running too long. I suspect it is the same type of timer that you see for the indoor jacuzzi tubs.
    Yes, thats the problem with tablets and the tapatalk app I use for castboolits cuts out everything apart from the text and posted images. That icon you showed is not seen by me in any of the quoted posts. Even authors appear by name only, no avatar, no post count, no join dates and no adverts anywhere.

This is what castboolits and all other forums look like to me.
    Apologies for thread drift.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fred2892; 10-08-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Boolit Master

Yes, thats the problem with tablets and the tapatalk app I use for castboolits cuts out everything apart from the text and posted images. That icon you showed is not seen by me in any of the quoted posts. Even authors appear by name only, no avatar, no post count, no join dates and no adverts anywhere.

This is what castboolits and all other forums look like to me.
    Apologies for thread drift.
    I tried Tapatalk and didn't like it.

Sounds like you need to go back to just using a web browser on your tablet device.

Either that or just get used to not knowing what people are talking about when they reference a previous post.

Boolit Master

Thanks for that. I no longer have a computer and view castboolits and other forums on a tablet using the tapatalk app. What I quoted is all I can see. No links show up for me.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
    Don't feel bad I'm on a computer and no link here either.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Don't feel bad I'm on a computer and no link here either.
    OK, *that's* odd... What type of computer, O/S, and browser?

Above this post, there's your name "62chevy" and to the right of it, a very small image of a blue button with what looks like a ">>" in it. Click on that.

Boolit Master

OK, *that's* odd... What type of computer, O/S, and browser?

Above this post, there's your name "62chevy" and to the right of it, a very small image of a blue button with what looks like a ">>" in it. Click on that.
    I can see the ">>" but can't click on it. Could be because I use Linux with Firefox and it's an older version of Linux because I'm to lazy to upgrade.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

I can see the ">>" but can't click on it. Could be because I use Linux with Firefox and it's an older version of Linux because I'm to lazy to upgrade.
    I've used it under Linux and Firefox and it works the same as on the PC, IIRC. Your cursor should change as you hover over it and then you should be able to do a single-click (not a double-click) and it will go back to the quoted thread.

Boolit Master

I've used it under Linux and Firefox and it works the same as on the PC, IIRC. Your cursor should change as you hover over it and then you should be able to do a single-click (not a double-click) and it will go back to the quoted thread.
    Ops I was clicking on the wrong one.
    Lead bullets Matter

Boolit Master

Ops I was clicking on the wrong one.
    So, your aim was off a bit...

Boolit Master

So, your aim was off a bit...
    A new sight picture fixed that.
    Lead bullets Matter

I recently bought a .223 bullet feeder die from mrbulletfeeder (too expensive at the moment to get the whole automatic feeder). With the 3D-printed adapter here and some poly-carbonate tubing, getting the amount of ammo I need since I got my bumpfire stock got a little bit easier

Here's the link to the adapter files for the ones that have a 3D printer: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1863110

Boolit Master
    Those bumpfire stocks sure will go thru the ammo!!!! My sister's grin just gets bigger the longs she hold that stock...... until the mag goes empty anyway {g}

Any of the touchscreen devices (e.g. tablets, phones) suck for many of the web sites. I would hate to have to rely on just one of them for web browsing.

I would agree but you can figure out how to get things done with them. Since I moved out to the sticks I have had no internet except cellular. YouTube, photos and all surfing is all done on either my cell phone or a tablet. If I have something I can't get done that way, I have to drive into town and find a place with free wifi and do it with my lap top.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    I would agree but you can figure out how to get things done with them. Since I moved out to the sticks I have had no internet except cellular. YouTube, photos and all surfing is all done on either my cell phone or a tablet. If I have something I can't get done that way, I have to drive into town and find a place with free wifi and do it with my lap top.[/COLOR]
    Set your phone up as a wifi hotspot and you can share your phone's data connection with your laptop.

Boolit Grand Master

Set your phone up as a wifi hotspot and you can share your phone's data connection with your laptop.
    And watch it eat up the data
    Had to update my laptop last night to the tune of 700mb. LTE connection had it done in no time and the data was on the company phone. Didn't get an email from IT about usage so everything seems good :laugh:

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    And watch it eat up the data
    Had to update my laptop last night to the tune of 700mb. LTE connection had it done in no time and the data was on the company phone. Didn't get an email from IT about usage so everything seems good :laugh:
    Yeah, when you do that, you really should turn off automatic updates.

I have T-Mobile, so I have unlimited data, but after a couple of GB, it gets throttled down to 2G speeds, IIRC. But that doesn't matter to me since for what I do when I'm having to use the phone as a hotspot, 2G is fast enough for me. I don't watch videos when I'm using my phone as a hotspot.

Boolit Grand Master

Can't turn them off. This was the company laptop and they released a lot of updates at once. My personal devices have automatic anything turned off.

Can't do that without another $50/mo fee.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Can't turn them off. This was the company laptop and they released a lot of updates at once. My personal devices have automatic anything turned off.
    Get yourself a LiveCD of Linux and boot from it for when you need to do something at home on the laptop?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Can't do that without another $50/mo fee.
    That seems a bit excessive. What cell carrier are you using?

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast