Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Homemade?

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn

In Remembrance

Ok, here is the one I built from an extra piece of 2x8 board that I had laying around, aprox 56" after a few saw cuts. Between the forearm rest board and the clamp board, this one has sections of edge molding to keep things from rolling away. Those two boards just mentioned are mounted 1 1/2" from the ends of the main frame board, with three 3" drywall screws from the bottom. In place of the edge moldings I have also used sections of 1/4" dowel rod attached with brad nails, pre-drill the dowels to keep them from splitting. I also mounted a couple rubber bumpers from the hardware store to squeeze on the stock and glued a scrap piece of carpet to the rest side.
    Oh yeah, the last 8 1/2" section of board in picture #4 is to get the wood used for the clamps and the section of wood used to raise the butt stock.
    Sorry this post is so long but this worked well enough that I had built four or five others for guys who seen this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0447.jpg   IMG_0448.jpg   IMG_0449.jpg   IMG_0450.jpg   IMG_0451.jpg  

Last edited by lead-1; 03-15-2016 at 11:03 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks everyone. I really like the one lead-1 made.

In Remembrance

Thank you bkhamlin, like I said I just used a spare board and as I was building it I thought, "boy this thing is going to be heavy".
    In hindsight that was a good thing, it don't move around when it gets bumped.

Tray from spalted maple with expanded 45 cal bullets.

In use loading a 357 batch.

Primer tube holder for Dillon primer tubes.

Trays from White Oak.

I also make my own loading blocks.

Boolit Master
    That's beautiful , I can appreciate the love in it because I can't even cut a straight line on a table saw .

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I can hear my long departed Grandfather saying to me when I was a young boy being taught carpentry (he was like a kind boss coaching a new apprentice), "You can measure as many times as you like Michael, but you only get to cut once, don't rush it, wood is precious and should not be wasted."

Keep your eyes open in your travels Tollmy and pick up any bits of scrap wood you see poking out of construction site skips / bins and rubbish bins. Patient practice works wonders and you are rescuing a piece of wonderoous wood to serve a higher purpose. Make sure you have a steady platform for the wood (clamp it if necessary), measure up and mark carefully and cut off 2" pieces. You'll get the hang of it in no time (for no money as well).
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Bub
    I just started in on a batch of 3000 9mms to load. I know there are faster ways than a single stage, but I still enjoy them. I do however hate taking the case I am done with out before grabbing the next, so I started thinking of a way to build something to eject the case I am done with. I came up with a very simple solution, that is dirt cheap and effective. Just a longer bolt for the handle, a wingnut and washer, and a clothes hanger. The picture says it better than I can.

At this stage I am just resizing, and expanding mouth.
    A short video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWrqTdTko8
    Last edited by Friar_Tuck; 03-29-2016 at 08:31 PM.

That is really cool. Nice to see so many different ways of doing the same thing.... Great job.
    Your Feedback is appreciated
    Johnny V
    NRA Benefactor
    Member OGCA & GOA
    CCW OH & PA

Boolit Bub
    Thanks,
    I updated it with a youtube video, as my photobucket link was too slow.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Friar_Tuck View Post
    I just started in on a batch of 3000 9mms to load. I know there are faster ways than a single stage, but I still enjoy them. I do however hate taking the case I am done with out before grabbing the next, so I started thinking of a way to build something to eject the case I am done with. I came up with a very simple solution, that is dirt cheap and effective. Just a longer bolt for the handle, a wingnut and washer, and a clothes hanger. The picture says it better than I can.

At this stage I am just resizing, and expanding mouth.
    A short video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWrqTdTko8
    I like the mod. And good video but.

Boolit Master
    FriarTuck - that is so slick!!!! I'll have to look at something like that.

KISS principle at work! Well done. I could use that idea on my Lee Classic Cast Turret press.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master

I have some thick tempered glass pieces from a "glass furniture" period that we went through about 25 years ago. I had been using the pieces to dump tumble lubed bullets onto for them to dry, but usually a few would roll off each time. I also use them on my reloading bench with one beside every press and powder measure so that I can write on them with a grease pencil what the press or powder measure is setup for.

I figured it would be nice to have these reused as trays for the tumble lubed bullets with a frame so that they could be stacked on top of each other when bullets were on the glass. So, I decided it was finally time for me to learn how to do a simple tongue and groove joinery like you see on some floating panel cabinets.

Made from pine 2x4s, split lengthwise on the table saw and then the table saw cut a groove on the inside edge about 3/8" deep and about 3/8" wide (the thickness of the glass). The tongues were also nibbled off on the table saw and then the pieces were sanded. A bit of glue, a few clamps, some more sanding, and then a wax finish on the wood.

(full resolution image)
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 08-18-2016 at 11:24 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks Friar Tuck! I too reload with an "old style" Lee turret and hand index. I like that method much better than an auto-indexing press. Gonna try your "invention"...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Buddy

Dillon tool head holder made from reclaimed 22 rimfire brass. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brass.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	166797 Was rough cast then lathe finished. Finished out at about one pound, plan is to mount to a piece of Cherry stained wood.
    Noli Me Tangere

Boolit Bub
    How much dross did you get with the 22 casings? I have buckets of them, but if the dross is too much I might as well scrap them.

Boolit Buddy

There was a fair amount but no worse than some lead smelting I've done. Had been doing them in aluminum, this was the second pour of brass and was experimental as much as anything.
    Noli Me Tangere

I made a Dillon 1050 tool head holder.

i tried to maximize the space as the Dillon stand sit flat on the bench. I decided to go vertical to save some space, but still keep them readily accessible but safe from damage.

Cool idea, looks like a creature from outer space, but would work well.

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast