Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Homemade?

Tag for later...
    Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Bub
    I make homemade case lube using a bottle of lanolin and 95% alcohol.

no where near as clever or ingenious as some people's ideas and inventions but it fits my need for now and allows me to cast until I get back home to my gear. I fabricated a lead ladle out of a .50 BMG case and attached it via a hose clamp to a steel cleaning patch holder bent at a 90* angle and attached to a steel GI cleaning rod that I screwed into a cut off chunk of broom handle. It's no where as nice as my Lyman dipper but it works for now. I casted up some buckshot pretty good once I got the feel for it. I'm thinking about putting some duct tape on the handle to give it some "class".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG171.jpg  

Banned

acguy.......keep em' honest over there. That guy on the north end of town sounds like he's goin crazy. As far as class goes, maybe a little sanding and some oil to bring out the nice wood grain. Either way love the ingenuity. Be safe.

Boolit Master
    Just wanted to add a Powder measure stand I put together.
    I wanted one that was adjustable so that I could use it on the many presses I have plus use it as a stand alone measure stand.
    I can adjust it up-down, left- right, In- Out.
    I tried it out on a run of 327 mags. Works like a charm. Should last a life time.
    If my welds hold out. I am a crappy welder.

Here it is set up for turret work.

Here it is set up stand alone. I can clamp it or bolt it down how ever I want.

Boolit Master
    Coz, I was thinking of building a stand for my Hornady and I have to say you have certainly raised the bar. "Congratulations" to you Sir for creating the most elaborate and over build powder measure stand to date! You deserve a Bud light, for a job well done.

Boolit Mold
    Tumbler I made last week. Nothing fancy but it works good. Next project PID for the lee pot. The best part total cost of project Time. $0 Friends in the right places.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tumbler.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	71249
    Last edited by Newshooter; 05-22-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Nice job. I saw a star post (farm fencing post) on the ground at the range yesterday. I will grab it next time and make a stand out of it.

We used to call them star pickets when I was in the Army, but the farmers and graziers (ranchers) call them star posts. Three sided steel post with holes punched for wire to pass through. I rigged one up as a temporary clothes dryer for the late wife on the porch at the back of the house. Put shirts, etc on coat hangers and the holes are spaced about 4" apart allowing you to hang a lot of clothes up to dry in a very little space and there is room for air to circulate between them. I have it hanging over the porch rail, so it doesn't get in the way. My temp fix is still there and in regular use after about 15 years. I have been meaning to drill a few extra holes in it for the past 14 years, don't want to rush into it though! lol
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Bub
    You all have excellent ideas....Bravo!

Wow, there is smart and then there is intelligent. You guys are way over the top. I am so impressed. Makes me wish I had taken metal shop as a kid instead of wood shop. Great jobs men !

Boolit Master

Seeing that tumbler makes me wish I had taken that free roller conveyor I was offered some time back. Great repurposing idea!

Boolit Master

Upgraded primer catch for Lee aluminun Turret and Pro 1000

I did not come up with this, it was found on another site. It's damn clever, simple and easy to make!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pro1K2b.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	77291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pro1K2c.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	77292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pro1K2d (2).jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	77293
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Found this thread later on after I did this little project , .... will throw it in here today.
    Home made powder cop die .. had the basics laying around and came up with this solution for my 308 loading process on my Lee Classic cast turret .. still using it at this point in time , works well.
    here is the link to the previous thread here on the site. ...
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...powder-cop-die

44Vaquero, Digger, brilliant.

I don't know if you realise it Digger, but that is the name given to Australian Infantry soldiers (by the Germans initially I think). Everytime we stopped, we dug in and were a bit difficult to shift afterwards, lol. When I was in the Army as a non ranking infantryman, Officers and NCOs would always call you 'Digger', never Private or soldier, just 'Digger.'

Artillery were Gunners, Cavalry were Troopers, Engineers were Sappers and the rest were Diggers, lol. (The cooks, storemen and pay section had a range of names, but this is a family forum, haha! Nowadays, non fighting troops are called PONTIs, ie; a Person Of No Tactical Importance! INfantry as a group are referred to as Pongos (where they go the pong goes!).

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Yes Four Fingers, and cooks were called fitters and turners, Will let you explain that to our American friends LOL.

Ration assassins, fitters and turners, fit it into trays turn it into s**t!

The other modern term for non combat troops was Pogues I just remembered. lol

Thanks for the Aussie background on the name there Four Fingers , very interesting ... it gives an exceptional status to be proud of .
    My background comes from years of "Backhoe" , equipment operation or "digging the proverbial ditch".
    It has had it's moments.

Moderator Emeritus

$2 each ingot molds. WalMart stainless steel condiment cups screwed to some scrap aluminum tubing. Scrap of 1x2 on the bottom as a handle. Each cup holds a pound of lead give or take. I need to make 2 more to speed up ingot casting.

That's clever MaryB! I'll be looking for those!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    $2 each ingot molds. WalMart stainless steel condiment cups screwed to some scrap aluminum tubing. Scrap of 1x2 on the bottom as a handle. Each cup holds a pound of lead give or take. I need to make 2 more to speed up ingot casting.
    I've used those to empty my casting pot into after casting. I still use the bigger homemade molds that I welded up for the actual smelting, but these are a great size for dropping into the casting pot since they don't cool off the melt as much.
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast