Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Homemade?

Boolit Master
    @ArrowJ, here is a link to the plans I used: http://www.jurai.net/~winter/tumbler/tumbler.html Honestly, its pretty simple to build I really only used the pictures.
    The bowls that I used contribute to the unit having a clean look they were sourced from Walmart in a 4 pack (the 2 smaller ones went to the kitchen).
    I put the whole thing together in one afternoon(maybe 3 hours).
    If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Boolit Buddy
    Some of you realized how impossible is to replace Dillon plastic handle with ALU one.
    Do not buy overpriced one purpose pliers.
    I used 10 years old one and file it to desired shape within 5 minutes.
    And here is the result which made it happen within few seconds.

One side needs to be filed more to reach it more comfortable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	56935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3392.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	56936[ATTACH=CONFIG]56937[/ATTACH here is some photos of my die rack i made. i got tired of not having out the dies i need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3393.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Now that's really cool. Did you use Forestner bits?
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

no just a standard wood bits, it's all i had but they worked well.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Wood bits seem to work fine if you start carefully, otherwise they sometimes splinter a bit. Less of a problem on nice soft pine though. I have a set of Forstner bits, I had never heard of them (after a lifetime of occasionally dabbling in / repairing / etc, with wood), obviously they aren't as common her in Australia. I have yet to use them,they went to ground in my garage somewhere and haven't surfaced since.

ScheeooooooooooooT Bowhunter! I thought that I had a lot of shellholders! Mine aren't in the same place though, mine are spread across lots of die boxes. Nice set up, well done.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Bowhunter- Haven't seen old Hercules powder cans like those in a long time. They look good, are they just for decoration or do they have powder in them? Looks like you have one of each brand.

i have some with old powder i use from the 60s or so, it still works. but a lot i have kept or collect that are empty.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3401.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	57149 here is a few more.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3190.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	57150Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3193.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	57151here is a couple of photos for our friend down under four fingers of death, i know they like the enfields. it is my no.5 carbine with a vintage s&k bolt on mount and a sniper cheek rest. it has a 2x7 leupold in the mounts.

Nice looking rifle bowhunter! I bought a 2-7 Leupold with a 32mm objective in the early 80s, great scope, still in use after being mounted on several rifles. Never touched once sighted in (like all Leupold scopes), it has been on a Zustava MkX Mauser 3006 for some 15 years now. Leupolds are always a good choice and the 2-7 is one of their more useful scopes, nothing flash, but up to just about anything short of target shooting. Nice looking combination, thanks for posting it.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

I just noticed the sling, looks like genuine WW2/Korean era manufacture (I got the impression that none were produced after the war as we converted to the SLR in the mid/late 50s I think. The slings issued to me for use on the FN/FAL (we called it the SLR) were old WW2 stock later ones were green).

The correct way to fit it to an Enfield rifle is to have it the other way around with the brass keepers towards the rifle. When done up tight for parade/storage, the keeper on the butt end is positioned adjacent to the bottom of the handgrip. To open it up for carry, etc, we always adjusted the front keeper and left the rear one in position. We looked down our noses at the odd simpleton who moved both keepers as it was difficult to quickly get the rear in exactly the right position. Silly things,but if the old Korean vets that were our instructors in the early 60s saw the slings any other way, we were running about with the rifle above our heads, being reminded of our general ineptitude.

very good info mr. death i will set it stright. in about 1990 i was in a pawn shop, it was my birthday. i saw this jungle carbine on the wall for 150.00 no scope but it had the mount on it, i went over to my dads house and told him about the gun, i thought no more about it. that night he walked in and gave it to me! when he died in 96, i took the rifle apart. the suncorite they were painted with was all but gone. i stripped off what was left, i put the wood in steaming hot water and cleaned with oxyclean to get all the oil out of the wood. i degreased the metal and painted it with gunkote, i mixed semi-gloss and matt to get the color right. i painted the gun and mount and rings, i baked it on in my oven.
    i bedded the stock with very thin strips of wood shims and wood glue. i reoiled the wood with linseed oil. i love this gun and will have it till i am gone. this gun will shoot a 1in. group with my handloads.

thanks again for the info mr. death. mike the olskool man.......................

The rifle is a credit to you, it looks brilliant!

I just stumbled onto the thread. Wow! Talented people here. Thanks all for taking the time to post the pictures and tell the stories...
    High Hook

Very impressive projects, a lot of talent for sure, love your avitar HighHook!

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Not sure where to post this and I think it will fit here. I know a lot of the primer catching methods on presses really do a poor job. I have made a few thing for different press that work well then I modified this cooking pan to help catch the swaging drops off my cores. I do not see why it would not work for primers on the same style presses also catches a lot of the other things you drop.
    http://http://
    I cut the hole a little big and had to use some tape to fill the gaps so if you make one measure for handle travel and I would cut a template and fit to press to avoid cutting to big of a hole.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1600.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	58972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1601.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	58973 This is what i made for my lube sticks nothing special but it works like a champ

I like your signature RP, I'm going broke saving money reloading and casting!

Boolit Buddy
    here is my home made tumbler.
    i would not say i coppied anyone elses plans, but i did use them for inspiration.

mine is a drum over motor setup, rather than a side by side.
    i used a floor buffer motor that i had laying around, and base of a old welding cart for a frame.
    i used 3/4'' shafts and pillow block bearings

i can run multiple different drums, a single 5 gallon bucket, or a 5 gallon bucket plus 1 gallon paint can, two 3.5 gallon buckets, or three 1 gallon paint cans
    i am getting 17RPMs with the 5 gallon bucket, and 34RPMs with a 1 gallon paint can.... are these speeds enough???

i will post up some more pictures in the next day or so.

thank you
    andrew mason
    hello.

Banned

Nice job Mason, how much do you think you have in it other than a motor?

Russ

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast