Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    fralic76 Did you get my pictures?
    Yes looks like something he can make.
    Thanks for the pictures.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wquiles View Post
    Nice!. I really like my PM lathe.

Except for 1 or 2 DIY cutting tools in my lathe, 99.9% of the lathe and milling machine cutters are all insert-based. I got a very thin parting bar that I have been using with the same insert for a couple of years now, still cutting Titanium, mild steel, and Aluminum perfectly as I take my time and don't try going too fast (although I must admit I always use flood coolant in the lathe).
    I keep hearing a lot of good things about the PM line of lathes. I'm hoping to move into a house with a garage this fall. I'll be looking at those to replace my little China-fu lathe.
    Mike

Politicians should be limited to two terms.

1 in office. 1 in prison.

Boolit Buddy
    How do we get J.Morris to adopt us!

I simply refuse to pay $4,000 for a high volume case feeder or $500 for a plastic bullet feeder...
    My case neck qualifier was $3,350 will run about 3,000 an hour, but the feeder that still won't keep up with it is over $4,000.
    For about $300 I knocked one out that almost keeps up...

With a $20 eBay motor, a PVC pipe cap and a couple chunks of $10 HDPE I have bullet feeders for specific calibers & weights (lengths).

I built one that drops cast bullets nose down for sizing/lube.
    Then I saw J.Morris super simple bullet flipper and wondered why I wasted my time!

Case feeders for sizing/loading are a 5 gallon bucket and hunk of HDPE, $20 eBay motor now.
    I can't see spending $250 on a case feeder & $100 on motor replacements when you do volume when a common wood router & hand drill is all you need to knock one out.

Many thanks to J.Morris for the small primer pocket case 'Flicker' (ejector) for Dillon 1050!
    That saves me TONS off time trying to hand inspect .45 ACP cases!
    The consumer available version is about $750, eBay parts and some creative cutting HDPE & aluminum and it cost me about $60 (including failures).

This might seem a little odd, but my benches are some of my best upgrades.
    Proper mounting so the machines don't wobble and containment of everything you need for that machine contained within easy reach is a big deal for me (disabled) and having the right tools/parts RIGHT THERE keep volume production up & running.
    We all know how easily/quickly parts/tools get away! Benches that keep things from going into hiding, and having a place for everything needed keeps me up & running...
    (With the exception of the gremlin that hides tools in my hip pockets!)

Quote Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
    How do we get J.Morris to adopt us!

I simply refuse to pay $4,000 for a high volume case feeder or $500 for a plastic bullet feeder...
    My case neck qualifier was $3,350 will run about 3,000 an hour, but the feeder that still won't keep up with it is over $4,000.
    For about $300 I knocked one out that almost keeps up...

With a $20 eBay motor, a PVC pipe cap and a couple chunks of $10 HDPE I have bullet feeders for specific calibers & weights (lengths).

I built one that drops cast bullets nose down for sizing/lube.
    Then I saw J.Morris super simple bullet flipper and wondered why I wasted my time!

Case feeders for sizing/loading are a 5 gallon bucket and hunk of HDPE, $20 eBay motor now.
    I can't see spending $250 on a case feeder & $100 on motor replacements when you do volume when a common wood router & hand drill is all you need to knock one out.

Many thanks to J.Morris for the small primer pocket case 'Flicker' (ejector) for Dillon 1050!
    That saves me TONS off time trying to hand inspect .45 ACP cases!
    The consumer available version is about $750, eBay parts and some creative cutting HDPE & aluminum and it cost me about $60 (including failures).

This might seem a little odd, but my benches are some of my best upgrades.
    Proper mounting so the machines don't wobble and containment of everything you need for that machine contained within easy reach is a big deal for me (disabled) and having the right tools/parts RIGHT THERE keep volume production up & running.
    We all know how easily/quickly parts/tools get away! Benches that keep things from going into hiding, and having a place for everything needed keeps me up & running...
    (With the exception of the gremlin that hides tools in my hip pockets!)
    How about some pictures??
    Your Feedback is appreciated
    Johnny V
    NRA Benefactor
    Member OGCA & GOA
    CCW OH & PA

Boolit Buddy
    Ergonomic bench 'Work Station'.
    Press handle NOT higher than the shoulder, press mounted at a height that DOES NOT force you to lean forward at the top/bottom of the stroke, everything has a place & is within easy reach, teardown 'Tools' press handy so culls don't lay around...
    No 'Hip Buster', press NOT cantilevered over the edge of the bench so bench doesn't rock.

I'm 'Disabled', I turned physical therapy into production.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psfdtjlssm.jpg

Hinged shelf to protect dies, gauges, etc, everything together.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psfmvg2ldq.jpg

The bench with shelf up & locked,

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psfdtjlssm.jpg

I'm 'Disabled' and 'Useless' according to the government & most employers.
    I perfer to say 'Mobility Challenged'.
    Instead of driving 60 miles to the VA center 3 times a week for physical therapy, pulling rubber bands, peddling a fake bike, walking a fake treadmill, climbing fake stairs,
    I hoe the garden, process brass, mow the yard, build machines, do machining/welding, funny how productive work does just as good a job as PT...

With fake joints, about 2 pounds of metal in my back/neck, and the resulting arthritis, you start to pay attention to actual 'ergonomics'!
    A bench that actually fits the function of the human body is a deal for me.
    (Almost human, I'm not biodegradable anymore...)
    Last edited by JeepHammer; 07-14-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    During the great Homeland security buy up of ammo, and the resulting shortages, I built a scroll pin press and produced .22 LR ammo.
    This is production/QC strips from that production.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5ssxiau7.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6clloqns.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psirsya1is.jpg

I have a set of dies to produce bullet jackets with this particular machine also.
    Since the machine is proprietary, I'm not posting pictures of it.

Boolit Buddy
    This is a case neck qualifier, checking case necks is mind numbing work.
    This qualifies case necks to 95%, no kinks, no loaded rounds, no seriously bent case necks inflicted on the processing equipment or customers...

These pictures are from the initial setup & tuning, it's found a dedicated home and not my office floor...

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5mnuchmj.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...pskpiivxhi.jpg

Trying to inspect case necks by hand will drive you completely crazy!
    Doesn't matter what kind of inspection table you have, humans go blind and screw up somewhere around 1,000 and by 5,000 they go insane!
    Ask me how I know that...

This little gadget takes the mind numbing work out of neck qualification of once fired brass...
    Bent necks get chopped off for .300 AAC/BO, and the rest of the culls get mashed in a press so some salvage yard scrounger doesn't put them back into circulation.

Mashed 'Bright-Shiny' brass sells for just as much at the salvage yard as cases that might get put back into circulation...
    Last edited by JeepHammer; 07-14-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    The most simple and cheapest bullet feeder, caliber & weight/length specific...
    These are beginning shots, $5 PVC pipe cap, $20 eBay motor, rotors will be $5-$10 HDPE cut-offs/off-fall all over eBay.
    Spring type tubing bender for 'Spring' guide down to feeding die.

The entire unit (Less die plate setting die) will come in well under $100 even if you buy/build a dedicated stand. And uses nothing more complicated than a hand drill & wood router to build, or if you have the time, Dremel tool & files.
    I teach/build these for friends that are advanced reloaders but not willing to fork over $500 for bullet feeders.
    I've posted the build on line before, but not here.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2y0nvfcj.jpg

These are some pictures of electromagnetic induction annealer testing while developing an annealer for the home reloader, using the very low cost induction units surplus from China.
    I'm getting ready to do these again for friends & students, if interested I can post pictures of that work in progress so others can duplicate it...

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...pstchsjtrc.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...pssyfipwfd.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psedcibkzh.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
    The most simple and cheapest bullet feeder, caliber & weight/length specific...
    These are beginning shots, $5 PVC pipe cap, $20 eBay motor, rotors will be $5-$10 HDPE cut-offs/off-fall all over eBay.
    Spring type tubing bender for 'Spring' guide down to feeding die.

The entire unit (Less die plate setting die) will come in well under $100 even if you buy/build a dedicated stand. And uses nothing more complicated than a hand drill & wood router to build, or if you have the time, Dremel tool & files.
    I teach/build these for friends that are advanced reloaders but not willing to fork over $500 for bullet feeders.
    I've posted the build on line before, but not here.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2y0nvfcj.jpg

These are some pictures of electromagnetic induction annealer testing while developing an annealer for the home reloader, using the very low cost induction units surplus from China.
    I'm getting ready to do these again for friends & students, if interested I can post pictures of that work in progress so others can duplicate it...

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...pstchsjtrc.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...pssyfipwfd.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psedcibkzh.jpg
    interested
    Start a new thread on how to make it.

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fralic76 View Post
    interested
    Start a new thread on how to make it.

Yes, yes, yes. An affordable induction annealer ‘how to’ guide would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Would a one at a time or index table be better for annealing for the average guy?

One at a time would work for me as I only have a couple hundred cases for each caliber.

Using Tapatalk

Same here, one at a time is fine for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FF94904-6FBC-422F-9227-F7693F956142.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	224630
    A spoon. No mill. No lathe. No cnc. Just a couple beats, a couple bends, a couple tig tacks and behold.........a spoon.
    Oz

Boolit Buddy
    Spoons! I eat so I'm 'Pro Spoon'!

Rube Goldberg case tumbler
    High torque gear motor salvaged, water pump and fan drive from an old Chevrolet, container by Tupperware.

Ugly - but it works and cost was ZERO. Stole the Tupperware from Mom.

Name:	IMG_3345.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	225530

Boolit Master

Name:	bullet sizer small.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	225863

Most guys on here have probably read about sizing boolits with the lee push through dies and a single stage press. Some, like me, have figured out how to make a single stage work upside down to make sizing powder coated boolits even faster. One guy made a dedicated upside down press and sold a few, but no longer seems to offer them. Since a number of people seemed to be interested in them and I also still hand size PC boolits when I use gas checks (non gas checked boolits go through my automated sizing machine) it seemed like a good project to try out.

One problem...............I need more boolits to size!

Of course, my PC boolit sizer is powder coated!

The base is 3/8" steel plate and the rest is 1/4" steel, with the handle frame being 1/8". It took some trial and error to figure out what would work well for the linkage. The other hole allows for even more force, although I sized my 40 cal boolits just fine with the lower leverage hole and a die that was cleaned with brake cleaner to make sizing tougher. Hornady one shot makes them go through like butter, but some people have fat boolits or dislike lube.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by CGT80 View Post

Name:	bullet sizer small.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	225863

Most guys on here have probably read about sizing boolits with the lee push through dies and a single stage press. Some, like me, have figured out how to make a single stage work upside down to make sizing powder coated boolits even faster. One guy made a dedicated upside down press and sold a few, but no longer seems to offer them. Since a number of people seemed to be interested in them and I also still hand size PC boolits when I use gas checks (non gas checked boolits go through my automated sizing machine) it seemed like a good project to try out.

One problem...............I need more boolits to size!

Of course, my PC boolit sizer is powder coated!

The base is 3/8" steel plate and the rest is 1/4" steel, with the handle frame being 1/8". It took some trial and error to figure out what would work well for the linkage. The other hole allows for even more force, although I sized my 40 cal boolits just fine with the lower leverage hole and a die that was cleaned with brake cleaner to make sizing tougher. Hornady one shot makes them go through like butter, but some people have fat boolits or dislike lube.
    That is pretty neat!

Boolit Buddy
    That's simple and elegant - Good job.

Boolit Master

Are you selling them or is it a project I shouldn't feel bad about trying to fabri-cobble ?

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast