Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Voere? Anyone own one?

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range GARCIA's Avatar

Voere? Anyone own one?

Anybody out there own a Voere 22?

Tom

My first rifle was a deluxe Voere bolt. Great little rifles.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Seem to be a very little known weapon here in the states. Brought mine back from what was then West Germany while in the military.

From what I have been able to gather Voere was bought out by Mauser and the rifle was redesignated the 201.

Will post a picture later today of it.

Tom

Voere is a company that was well known and doing well in Germany before the gun laws changed. Up until 1972 rifles were offered in every mail order catalog and most home owners that wanted a rimfire rifle for pest control settled for the inexpensive but serviceable Voere in .22 l.r. or the 6 or 9mm Flobert version. They closed the doors in Voerenbach and re-opened in Austria.

The quality is not bad and I would compare the better ones with the Anschütz 64 sporters.

I had owned two over the (long) years.

Boolit Buddy

Not a 22, but

I have a Voere Titan II in 270 Win that is one of my favorite rifles. I got it in Germany, also. It's more accurate than most of my "varmint" rifles.
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

Voere

Voere in Germany was picked up by Mauser. Voere, Austria is another entity that stands alone.

The rifle pictured is identical to the Mauser 201 Luxus model.

Tom
    Last edited by GARCIA; 09-03-2011 at 02:30 PM.

I had a Voere like the one in Andy's picture many moons ago. Nice little rifle. I put a Parker-Hale silencer and a 4x40 Miroku scope on it and killed countless of rats at the lokal dump. My dad was never a hunter, but he got interested in the rat shooting as well and pretty much claimed the rifle for himself Watching him shoot was quite a sight. Once he spotted a rat, he would push his glasses up on his forehead and squint through the scope, fixing the reticle on the hapless rodent. At long last, when he was satisfied everything looked alright, he would pull the trigger. His best result was 48 rats on a single day - out of a box of fifty rounds!
    Cap'n Morgan

Cap'n Morgan that is one of the things my dad and I used to do a long time ago. Did most of it at night at the local dump. That sure does bring back some fond memories!

Tom

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Voere .22 semi auto rifle with a 10 round magazine. The left side of the barrel is marked VOERE GmbH/ Germany cal 22LR.
    This rifle fires from an open bolt very much like a Sten gun. To cock, the bolt handle is pulled back to where it locks open and when the trigger is pulled it flies forward, picks a cartridge out of the magazine fires it and flies back to lock open. The safety is applied by pulling the bolt handle back, lifting it and placing it in a safety notch. There is no firing pin as such but a milled vertical "V" is on the front of the bolt which strikes the cartridge from top to bottom. I have never had a misfire which is good because there is no extractor just a straight blow back action.
    I always get comments on the firing line such as, hey, the bolt is open and it won't shoot like that ect.
    I don't know how old the rifle is but I have had it for about 40 years and it was used when I got it.
    I would post a picture, but I am not camera or computer literate.