RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Gun

Generous Donator

Mystery Gun

While digging around in the dark back corner of my safe a few minutes ago I found a pair of old Winchester model 67 single shots. Nothing too strange about that, except that I only remember owning one.

I don’t recognize the extra one and have no idea where it came from. I will admit to being an old man with a failing memory, but this is ridiculous…..

I loaned you that second model 67, please pack it up and ship to me!

Boolit Master
    They reproduced "Spontanous generation" as the Darwinians say

I Need your safe, I have a Pre64 Winchester 70 I sure would like to have 2nd one....

Boolit Master
    Model 67 was one of the most accurate guns I ever owned. I still own the gun, but haven't shot it in years. I musta killed a couple hundred squirrels with that gun when I was a teenager.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

Dont worry any more-ship it to me ASAP!

Boolit Master

man that's where my extra .22 went! You can mail it back to my FFL at............<GRIN>

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Hey, considering that the OP's from Utah, he just might also have a couple of "extra" wimmen "around", that he fergot about........

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

If you have (2) .22 rifles make sure you are not missing a .44 somewhere. It could be dividing instead of reproducing. My brother was looking for a rifle that he could not remember if he bought it or not.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    See if you have a spare flintlock in there.

45nut has misplaced his.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    My elder brother once totally forgot where he hid his Mauser .25 1910 when he went on vacation and didn't want to take a chance on the pistol being stolen by a burglar while he was gone.
    He found it again about two years later in a glass jar full of pinto beans in the pantry.

Boolit Master
    I have a model 67 that I've had since I was young. I still shoot it regularly and it's about the only open sighted rifle I can still hit well with at 100 yards. I think I've been shooting it for so long that my mind was able to adapt to the deteriorating sight picture as my eyes got progressively worse.

On another note; I once found a real nice Luger in our back porch freezer. Turns out a friend of mine forgot it was under his seat on the way into Canada and hid it there before getting to the border. I thought I'd gotten real lucky for a couple of days until he called.

BD

Boolit Master

I think your ******* with us as I have known every gun that I have ever owned.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by XBT View Post
    While digging around in the dark back corner of my safe a few minutes ago I found a pair of old Winchester model 67 single shots. Nothing too strange about that, except that I only remember owning one.

I don’t recognize the extra one and have no idea where it came from. I will admit to being an old man with a failing memory, but this is ridiculous…..
    You forgot rule # 1 about safes. when you start putting stuff in there it tends to pro-create! Twins are not unusual especially in guns we really like!

Boolit Master
    I have just the opposite problem. Today I was looking for a brand new Whetherby rifle I bougfht in 308 Winchester. I knew I had put it in my safe but I could not find it. I looked all through it and found rifles I have not lseen in years but no 308 Whetherby. I could not imagine where it went to so I started looking in other locations for it and finally broke down and asked my wife if she had seen it. Her answer floored me. She had lent it to her cousin so he could kill a dog that was sick and needed to be put down but the cousin did not have the money for the vet to do it. So my wife opened my safe and pulled the first rifle she could reach that there was ammo for on my shelf and gave it to her cousin. I called the cousin and he had it but had not used it yet as he did not have the guts to shoot his dog. So I went over and recovered my new rifle and shot his dog for him but I let him bury the critter.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NickSS View Post
    She had lent it to her cousin so he could kill a dog that was sick and needed to be put down but the cousin did not have the money for the vet to do it. So my wife opened my safe and pulled the first rifle she could reach that there was ammo for on my shelf and gave it to her cousin.
    Ouch, they sure are quick with the "Honey Do's" but tend to leave out the "Oh BTW's" sheesh!

On a similar note, woke up one night to the trash can being moved and went for my Taurus 850, only to find it gone! The 1911 was were I left it but untill I figgered out the coast was clear I was one worried puppy! Turns out she had loaned it to her mother.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

I'm still looking for a Marlin lever in 35 rem I bought three years ago.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NickSS View Post
    I have just the opposite problem. Today I was looking for a brand new Whetherby rifle I bougfht in 308 Winchester. I knew I had put it in my safe but I could not find it. I looked all through it and found rifles I have not lseen in years but no 308 Whetherby. I could not imagine where it went to so I started looking in other locations for it and finally broke down and asked my wife if she had seen it. Her answer floored me. She had lent it to her cousin .
    You, my man, need a locksmith.

XBT, if you find any of my Swensen, Kelsey, or Novak 1911s please return them. Same goes for the Fox SBS, S&W Registered .357s, and pre-64 M70s (especially the .220 and .375) you were storing for me.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master
    If only I could get my Model 12's and target rifles to reproduce like your m67

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=Geraldo;1175575]You, my man, need a locksmith.

Big +1 on that!

Akajun send them over we'll see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast