MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: .310 Cadet crimp-

Boolit Buddy

Smile .310 Cadet crimp-

Gents- I've been experiencing problems with loose boolits in the neck of the cadet rifle cases- I don't have to resize the case at all to seat a new RCBS heeled boolit.
    Its just that the boolit is not held tightly enough for my taste, as when you have to unload a chambered round, the boolit often stays in the barrel and you end up dumping 4.0gr Unique in the action when you eject the case.
    I tried all types of tools to roll a crimp on the tiny case, and Lee Precision came to the rescue with their Factory Crimp Die for the 32S&W Long. A gentle run of the loaded round into the crimp die, and your boolit is firmly held in the neck as desired.
    I carefully measured the diameter of the boolit to make sure we weren't sizing it too small- Oh, the Joy!- the case is carefully sized as needed, and the boolit stays at the original, unsized diameter of .323, which shoots so accurately in all of my cadet rifles.
    Thanks to Lee, I can move on to getting the Martini Cadets ready for the annual spring ground-squirrel week in Eagleville, CA. No more loose boolits!!!

358wcf

Boolit Master

I use a 32-20 but had to cut it down some to make it work.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!