Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Just bought a Rossi .357

Boolit Mold

Just bought a Rossi .357

Hope I like it! I am going to try 155gr swc's in it.

what yah think,ok?

Boolit Man
    Oooh...I love my .357 Rossi. Even with regular .357 loads, there's barely any recoil. With .38's it's super accurate at 50 yards and recoils like my wife's 10-22.

Boolit Master
    I shoot them through mine and they perform well. Mine's a Winnie but the theories the same. Just play with the load and you will find one that's just right. Rod

Boolit Master

I've had one since last fall. Haven't shot it a great deal yet, but from what i've seen so far, it's going to be a keeper. I just finished slicking up the action and it's amazing how much smoother it is now compared to before. I've shot a few rounds using the Lee 125 gr RNFP boolit ahead of 5.2 grs of Win 231. Only shooting at about 35 yds here at the house, but it's makin nice tight groups. My chronograph and bench are at the huntin shack, but there's 16-18 inches of snow on the trail out there, so it'll be awhile before I can get down to some serious load development for it.

Riorider

I too just bought one new old stock 92 saddle ring carbine, got it for my wife to shoot in cowboy action shooting.
    Have heard good things about them and it has real nice wood, so far so good!

Boolit Master
    I had one back a few years ago it shot real well. I could hit empty 12 gauge shot shells almost as far as I could see them. I sold it so I could complete my cowbow shooting out fit. I needed a second Ruger vacquero to compete in the shoots, so I sold it for what I had paid for it 6 or 7 years before. Sure wish I had it back. Mine was a Mod 92 not the Puma. I also have a 92 in 45 colt that I use in the matches. It shoots very well also. The only problem I have with the 45 is that no mater what loads I shoot in it the shells gets some blow by and it makes the shell black down one side. Some of my real light loads will cause some blow back in the face. No problem though I never shoot without saftey glasses.

Shy;

I have a 92 in .357 and I love it, I shoot cast in mine they are suppose to be 158gr rnfp but are casting between 162 to 166gr and they shoot very well. I can shoot 12oz coke cans at 100yds. with mags and spl.. I do believe that you are going to enjoy it it is a blast to shoot.
    "Draw Me Not Without reason, Sheath Me Not Without HONOR".

Just bought one myself. Great shooter. I am in the process of replacing the rear sight with a Skinner peep sight. I may go with a FO front later. So far my gun has ate all my different lead cast bullets including 160 gr RN with no issues. I did load a very hot load using 38spl brass that created some tight cases which the extractor didn't care for but .357 loads don't seem to bother the gun.

Take Care

Bob
    Last edited by robertbank; 02-08-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Robert;

You said a "1260gr RN", there must be a good bit of recoil.

Smile

I just bought one today ! It's a light round barrel one
    I think I'm gonna give it a try next week-end

In Remembrance

Shyold

I have had the .357 20" Rossi SRC for years. It is my walk around gun here in the northwoods. Is more than adequate. Will be one of the last to go when i divest myself of the guns. I am sure you will come to trust it. Learn to use the rear sight ladder for fifty to a hundred and fifty yard shooting.
    Mine shoots most anything I load for it quite well. I like heavier boolits like the Ranch Dog 190 grain.
    Welcome to Cast Boolits!!

Life is good
    Last edited by looseprojectile; 02-08-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbowen View Post
    Robert;

You said a "1260gr RN", there must be a good bit of recoil.
    Ya should have read 160 gr. I edited it. Not sure which is worse my typing or my eyes for proof reading.

Thanks, for catching the error, we are tough up here but not that tough.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Robert;

Hay no problem I am in the same boat. I can't see out of one eye and I am blind in the other, that is why I have two different type of glasses (one for reading and one for distance). But I am glad that it was a typo because if it wasn't, I was kind of wondering how long the bullet was.