MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: My $12 JC

Boolit Master

My $12 JC

I am helping a friend with some mentoring and the use of my equipment. Any way he gave me a Santa Fe Jungle Carbine. Someone had refinished it with some kind of a finish like varnish or poly. They didn't remove the stock before doing that so it was glued together and to the metal. It was a pretty good job getting it apart. Anyway it looks pretty good now. The only other thing wrong with the rifle was that the extractor spring was missing, hence the $12.
    Anyway it was nice Saturday and I took it out to shoot with a CBE and the 314299 boolits to see how it did. I had loaded 4759, 2400, 5744, and Unique as kind of an afterthought. Each powder in the 2 different boolits was looking pretty dismal with groups running 7 to 8 inches either vertically or horizontally. I finally got to the Unique loads and wasn't expecting anything different and Viola! the load was 2 3/4" wide by 3 1/2" with the 299 boolit. That load is pretty slow (1295fps) but now I have a starting point. A little bedding might be in order as well. Just couldn't wait to try it out since it was sunny and warm (50*) compared to what we have been having.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Grand Master

12 bucks for a Jiggly carbine, wow you got took! I am such a nice guy I'll give you twice that for it!
    Charter Member #148

Glad i am not the only one having a fun time frustrated with different powders on those neat Rifles...
    High Hook