RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading The 43 Beaumont Need Help

Boolit Buddy
    Try CH4D they were about $185 last spring. Tried using 8mm Label and 45-70 dies. Wasted the money trying to go cheep and then bought the CH4D dies. You can use 50-90 brass also.
    Dan

Boolit Master
    Gee, have you had a chance to the try the Lee 340 in your Beaumont yet? That's the mold I plan to use. I have a Hornady case trimmer and the hole in the bottom of my RCBS #31 shellholder is a few thousandths too small for it, dang it.

I used the 32 gauge brass to form 43 Egyptian for a rolling block. I used several different dies to form a neck along with annealing the neck. I only lost one case. I did get the 50-70 shell holder. 50-90 sharps brass would be better to use but this brass with work. I am using Lyman's 45-70 bullet of 385 grains sized down to .451 and about 13 grains unique. I can hit a 16" metal plate at 200 yards about 95% of the time and even a 10" plate if I do my part. Still have the not to easy to use factory sights.

Boolit Master
    Abert, I have been using the 340gr Lee with very good results. I have used several different lubes and a number of powders. The best results were obtained using IMR 4198, LEE Liguid alox, and using the bullets as cast. I was getting 4~5 inch groups at 100 yds. I never was able to get decent groups with faster powders like unique. Iam hoping to try black powder and paper patched bullets in the near future. My biggest problem is working with the poor sights and bad eyesight. Good luck and let me know how it works out.
    G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12