Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Posted two new articles

Boolit Buddy

Posted two new articles

Hey guys,

I just authored and posted a couple of new articles on my web site. If you’re interested, click on the following links:

An article titled Short Malcolm-Style Scope Rail for Browning or Winchester BPCR (this one even has some pictures)
    http://www.texas-mac.com/Short_Malco...ter_BPCRs.html

A short article titled BPCR Case Cleaning - Ultrasonic versus Tumbler with Ceramic Media
    http://www.texas-mac.com/BPCR_Case_C...mic_Media.html

Wayne
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Boolit Master

Talking

Thank You again Wayne. I am thinking of using my Lyman Super Target Spot scopes for this.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Thanks Wayne, Your test shows what I have thought for a long time. I find that when I leave a shoot and throw my brass into a pre cleaner bucket and then into my Model B with ceramic they will look like new. I do however run them for about 4 hours. If you miss a piece of ceramic in the bottom of a case, I hope you have spare pins on hand. For the money the ceramic is the best way as time is going too fast anyway. If you do lose cases that is still better than the price of the large ultra sonic cleaners.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Wayne

I am old and easily confused, so I don't understand about the Steve Earle Rail mounting. Can I use it to mount the malcomb scopes being sold by Buffalo Arms imported by Leatherwood? My rifle is at a gunsmith shop now to be drilled and tapped to mount the Leatherwood Malcomb scope I got from Buffalo Arms. I would really rather use Earl's rail to mount it if that would work with the mounts that come with the scope. I read your article about that, but don't recall you mentioning Earle's rail then.

So will Earle's rail base work with the mounts that come with the leatherwod malcomb scopes? Any of you guys know?
    The America I love was when the engine was a V-8, the exhausts were dual, the shift was four on the floor, the white walls were wide, the chrome was thick, the women were straight, and there was no such thing as the as the EPA.

Boolit Buddy
    BP,

The short answer is yes, and is probably the most likely application for the rail. Just be sure that Steve Earle is clear on which mounts you will be using because there are two types of mounts sold with the Leatherwood Malcolm scope depending on who you purchase it from. I know Buffalo Arms sells the D.Z. Arms mounts with the scope, which has Posa-style bases. I don’t know if they sell the scope with the original Leatherwood mounts, which are vastly inferior and have standard bases.

Either will work with the rail, but Steve has to customize the locking cuts to fit the specific type of mounts. If you’re still confused don’t hesitate to ask more question. As they say, the only dumb question is the one you didn’t ask.

By the way, when I first authored and posted the article on scopes, Steve was not making his rail. I have since updated the article.

A question for you, do you know what happened to Blackwater (Dennis)? I believe he was a friend of yours. He sent me an email several months ago. I tried to respond but it was kicked back and indicated his email message box was full and it would not accept my email. I tried several times afterwards with the same results.

Regards,
    Wayne
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

I just called Blackwater and told him to get in touch with you or you can call him at (912) 681-3579. That is his home number or you can get his cell phone at (912) 536-6935. That is how I usually run him down because he stays on the move all the time trying to avoid the sheriff. He called me last week and said he was busy tying flies for the upcomming spring fishing season and since I haven't seen any buzzards circling around his place, I take it that he is still alive and up to his usual tricks. I'm trying to get him to come to another annual BPCR shoot out in south Mississippi in mid March and I need my scope set up and sighted in by then because he ALWAYS beats me in our shooting matches. But when you can actually SEE your target and the sight, he has an advantage. ( Besides being a good shot.) BTW, we all call him THE B'Wanna Sahib, Most High.. The ole boy is a genuine hoot and knows a lot about black powder shooting in addition to being a nice guy.

I just left a voice mail at Steve's shop number you listed and a BIG THANKS for the head's up on that rail mount he makes.
    Last edited by Black Prince; 02-02-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    The America I love was when the engine was a V-8, the exhausts were dual, the shift was four on the floor, the white walls were wide, the chrome was thick, the women were straight, and there was no such thing as the as the EPA.