Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: lube/sizer

Boolit Master

lube/sizer

good sunday morning,,,
    what would be a reasonable price to pay for a used lube/sizer (lyman--rcbs--ect).
    right now i tumble and pan lube ,but i could use another option,i'm curious because i see them on flea-bay and would hate to pay too much for one ,(i,m not bill gates so $$$$ is an object.to a working man),
    have a great sunday and stay safe.

Banned

I would post a want to buy here in the swapping and selling section. i got mine here for $55 shipped. there are alot of helpful guys here.

Andy

Moderator Emeritus

I'd think $50 to $75 is a fair price for an older one in good shape.
    a Newer one that looks perfect is probably worth more.

Dies and top punches are not cheap.
    if you get a package deal with some dies,
    it surely is worth paying more.

Did you see tha article in cast pics by beagle.
    that was a real good read...I'll try to find the link for you.
    found it
    http://castpics.net/memberarticles/C...0a%20Sizer.htm
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

of course amigo most will term this subjective , like most of us money is a object ( and in short supply ) having stated all that and having watched the swapping and selling section forever ... i note there are a few variables , also personal preference comes to mind . $65-75 seems average for the lyman #45 & 450 , i also admit that i would give more for a #45 - especially in primo shape - than a 450 , but that is my preference speaking ( the last one was actually just under $100 shipped and if i had it to give i would gladly give $150 for a new in the box old stock ) the rcbs's also have their fans , of those i much prefer the older lam vs. the lam II , the lam seems to average a little higher than the lyman's say around $80-100 , the lam II and 4500 both being newer of course average higher and i dont believe i have seen one here for less than $100 , upon occasion we will of course see any of the above marked higher or lower than the averages i spoke of but that's why we call it average
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Banned
    I sold my 450 for $85.00 shipped on ebay. It included two dies and three punches. It was in used condition. Value is going to depend on condition and the tooling included.

Boolit Buddy
    Depending on condition etc., I would say up to 75% of the cost of a new one, above that well I'd rather buy a new one.

Boolit Master
    yer i was thinking 50---75 so i was in the ballpark ,i just didn't want to pay to much for something somebody else says, "it is in great shape ,works perfect ",ect, ect'
    you hear that alot on flea-bay .
    i'll go down to the WTB section ,(but not this week, gun show in town on saturday i might find one there but i doubt it ,so after that i'll be looking.)
    have a wonderfull sunday and stay safe. adrians.

Banned

If you buy from here, most of our members work on the honor system still and won't intentionally misrepresent the condition of an item. Our members also KNOW the difference between good condition and junk, not something you often get on fleabay, so you are less likely to get surprised by a problem the seller didn't know was there.

Gear

Boolit Master

Thumbs up

your right gear i have dealt with some awsome folk on this great site and they are ALL A+ people.
    without a doubt the best shooters forums anywhere.
    have a good en .adrians