Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: .380 95gr. LRN- good day.

.380 95gr. LRN- good day.

Just picked up a Sig P238 the other day and had some 95 gr. LRN from Missouri Bullet Co. laying around that I hadn't loaded with yet. Decided to make just a plinking round. Loaded up 5 rounds with 2.8gr of HP-38. At 15 yds or so, it hit to point of aim, and my group I could cover with a post-it, and it dropped all the brass in about a foot wide circle to my 3 o clock. I'll take it.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    380 Auto can be a fun plinking round

.380 was the first center fire cartridge I ever fired. It's still just as fun today as when I was a boy. Out of dumb curiosity, what's the groove measure on that 238? I never measured mine when I had it.
    It's only hubris if I'm wrong.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I just picked up a Ruger LCP this week and ordered a box of 95gr bullets. I'm going to see how much fun the .380 can be. It sure looks like fun.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I just picked up a Ruger LCP
    I enjoy mine, but they are brass flingers. I have been loading CASTING MACHINE's .95gr .380's, (VS: .380 95 gr rn cast hi-tec coated/no lube grove-$62.00 per k shipped) to good effect. Can't recall the exact load off hand, but it is universal powder.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Lots of powders do well, W231, Unique, Titegroup, 700x, Bullseye, Red Dot. If the groups string vertically, soften the load up a bit

The .380 is a great cartridge. I hadn't owned one in decades, then about 10-12 years ago when the Ruger LCP hit the market the bug bit me. I waited and went a little cheaper though and bought a Keltec P3AT. I wasn't too pleased with it and after few years gave it a good selling off. I had been looking at the Kahr line and gave one a try. It's a dandy and more accurate than I am.

I purchased a NOE 359-92-RN 359242 mold and cast up a pile. They function great in 2 different .380's I've shot them through. The second one belongs to a friend of mine, a Browning 1911-380 Black Label. Talk about a hoot to shoot!

Congratulations on the new Sig, sounds like you found a keeper.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar
    That same NOE 358242 works great for us in the Taurus TCP (1st gen). We use 2.8 gr Bullseye under that bullet for practice, and the Fiocchi XTP load for carry.
    Last edited by Low Budget Shooter; 02-05-2018 at 05:12 AM.
    I'm not sure where all the money is that I've "saved" by casting and reloading!

well ive been wanting to load up something for my micro kimber 380 ive got big hands and this fits great with mag extension ..looks like ill be buying a mold maybe santa will find out im looking for one lol
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Recently started loading 380acp with 100gr plated with 4.0 to 4.2gr of Ramshot Silhouette shot from an EAA Witness Pavona and am really enjoying it. The Witness Pavona is about the same size as our XD Mod2 4.0 9mm.

Boolit Mold
    Where do you find a Red Dot recipe?

Boolit Man

Howdy Hooker22,

If you're looking for .380 ACP/Red Dot loads, check the "archive" section of the "Castpics" website. You'll find there the annual powder loading guides published by most of the major powder manufactures going back at least a couple decades.

Check specifically the Hercules/Alliant powder guides from the 1990's and you'll find .380 ACP loads not only for Red Dot, but for Bullseye, Green Dot, Unique and Herco powders as well. All those powders will produce good .380 loads.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow ninja View Post
    Just picked up a Sig P238 the other day and had some 95 gr. LRN from Missouri Bullet Co. laying around that I hadn't loaded with yet.
    Those Missouri Bullets are for Secret Agent Use and not intended as plinkers...
    http://missouribullet.com/results.ph...0&secondary=27