Load DataWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Daisy BB gun

Boolit Master

Daisy BB gun

I bought my granddaughter a new PINK Daisy BB gun. I set up a range in the garage. I used a 4'x8' piece 2" thick of Blue Dow insulation board. Cut it in half so I could double the thickness to 4" and hang a target in the garage (heated). I fogot how much fun those BB guns are. They even have a safety on them now. This is a great tool to teach Kiah about how to handle a rifle or any gun. I am surprised how accurate it is in the 24' that we are shooting. As you can probably tell, Grandpa is having more fun with it than she probably is. (when she is not here, I have to make sure that the gun stays in working order ya know)
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master

That's a good back stop, the bb's won't bounce
    back as much or at all. Have fun grandpa.
    Life is good.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    Take a cardboard box ,an old area rug and hang over the back on the inside of the box. fasten target to the front and when you are done shooting you can recover the BB's to use again. Shot this way for hours when I was a kid. Still worked for my son until he graduated to a 22.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have one myself. Sometimes, I'll throw a can out the back door and do some "tinkin", as Janet calls it. It has also come in handy at persuading the neighbor's dog to move on back down the road.

Boolit Master

I remember as a kid a friends dad making a backstop out of a piece of heavy canvas hung from the top then the bottom was drawn up to catch spent BB's there was some else in from of the canvas and we used to hang targets in front of that, long time ago but I don't recall anything coming back at us.
    I started my girls on a BB gun and then my grandson, I still have that gun it was the plain jane of the day not even a Red Rider.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-ADC View Post
    I remember as a kid a friends dad making a backstop out of a piece of heavy canvas hung from the top then the bottom was drawn up to catch spent BB's there was some else in from of the canvas and we used to hang targets in front of that, long time ago but I don't recall anything coming back at us.
    I started my girls on a BB gun and then my grandson, I still have that gun it was the plain jane of the day not even a Red Rider.

I had the same type setup and gun. Plastic stock on the rifle not the high quality wood of the Red Ryder . As soon as I got home from school I made a bee line for the cellar door to shoot my gun. I shot it so many times that the washer that compressed the air was totally worn. You could actually see the BB's go through the air to the target. They barely had enough oomph to penetrate the target paper. It's what started me on my way to gun nut hood ...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    You may find this of interest.

http://www.beemans.net/Austrian%20airguns.htm
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Now those were some BB guns! I didn't know air guns were made back then. Very interesting.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71