Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Load Data

View Poll Results: How many women reload thier own ammunition?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male

214 94.69%
  • Female

12 5.31%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How many women reload?

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I guess this is some girls reloading!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Buddy
    i am working on getting my girl friend to start reloading.

i am building up a set up for her to reload her own .410 shells.
    but i do know that it will take a while to get her into it
    hello.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Ok,I'll play along!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    That is quite a little production team you have!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    That is quite a little production team you have!
    Hi,
    Thanks! I always was a sucker for blondes!!!

One young fellow that I worked with years ago always used to say: "I'm looking for a good woman that likes to reload, but doesn't like to shoot ..." (He DID like to shoot!)
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Miss K likes to sit and chat with me while i load, she has watched quite a bit, says she never knows when she may need to do it! That is the part of her that is like me, wanting to know things that might come in handy someday if things ever hit the fan. I wait till she is there to load for her .270, then we do it together, actually speeds up case prep and such having two people working.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

As to the OP I would have to vote Male, as I am the only member on the forum for the household, but the wife and both of my daughter's reload. Since the girls are on there own, now with husbands and each have a baby, they have there own reloading setup and shoot there own and are teaching their husbands.
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Mold
    Mt wife some times helps me with prep on cases, but she perfers to shoot them. Charlie

My little girl helps with case prep and likes to pull the handle on the press. She is a reloader in the making.

Boolit Master
    My wife will help a bit on occasion. It is very much appreciated.

Boolit Mold
    I'm a "girl" and I reload for my 9mm, 38 spc and .45ACP Trying to convince myself to start casting for my 1911s, but don't have the time to look for lead. Have almost pulled the trigger 10 times on a Lee IV pot. Sigh.

Banned

lead can plain out just be bought.
    look in the swap section here or buy it from the foundry like the commercial guy's do.
    you can still save a bunch of cash going that route.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    I'm a "girl" and I reload for my 9mm, 38 spc and .45ACP Trying to convince myself to start casting for my 1911s, but don't have the time to look for lead. Have almost pulled the trigger 10 times on a Lee IV pot. Sigh.

What's yer '20? Maybe someone on here will have a spare ingot or two to get you going?
    At one with the gun.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    What's yer '20? Maybe someone on here will have a spare ingot or two to get you going?
    He means where are you at Like he said, let us know and I bet a few of us will send you some lead. By the way welcome!

Boolit Grand Master

For us reloading/ shooting was a family thing. Wife daughters son and I would work thru prepping brass. To cleaning and priming. We worked together and always had fun with it. At one time I loaded 308/7.62 by the bucket full. LOL I would deprime, son would trim, one daughter would inside deburr, one would outside deburr, wife would uniform flash holes and primer pockets. On occasions when I got behind on loading the wife would put together ammo on the dillon to gets us through the next match. One of her last "birthday presents" tome was an Harrels powder measure. She was killed in a car accident 11 years ago. I normally did the actual loading as I loaded on 650 dillons and there wasnt much for others to do.

Boolit Master
    I meet gun women here and there but only about two that reload over a year.

I'm always willing to help interested folks use some of my gear or lead to try it before you buy it. I love casting and reloading to relax, slow, quiet, methodical. At work I'm very busy and have to be extremely out of the box. Some times it just nice to be the ditchdigger.........

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    I'm in Tucson, AZ - just been here a year.

You guys are a real welcoming bunch! I've been lurking for awhile, reading a ton, trying to convince myself to take the next step. runfiverun - I've read tons of your posts and have found them very informative!

So I finally took the plunge, Lee 4-20 was delivered yesterday, will likely go with the Accurate H&G 068 clone in a 4-capacity aluminum once I slug my bore. Will likely pan lube + Lee sizer to start. This will give me full autonomy from buying ammo for my SA Range Officer and Les Baer PII and I am pretty thrilled. I will start digging on the swap forum for ingots.

Thanks to all!

my 9 year old daughter helps sometimes, does that count?
    Silver and Gold are for rich men. Lead and Brass is MY silver and gold! And when push comes to shove, one of my silver and gold pieces will be more valuable than a big pile of actual silver and gold.

Boolit Master

My daughter used to help me but she is now married so no more free help. My son likes it too, but not all the time. Recently I bought my wife an old single stage CH "H" press for Valentine's day (no it wasn't the only thing I got her) and to my surprise, she wanted to use it. She has been merrily decapping and trimming brass on several occasions and seems to really enjoy it. I may have to rename the man cave to just "the reloading room".

My paternal grandmother ran a lathe during the war manufacturing brass artillery casings. She was British and survived a few close calls with bombs hitting the factory. I think that counts as a dedicated reloader, don't you?
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast