Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok I'm stumped!!

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    Quote Originally Posted by martinibelgian View Post
    75grs should be getting about 1250fps with a 530-ish bullet.... Well, at least it does with Swiss 1 1/2Fg
    I wish we had Swiss. Here down under, we have a choice between Wano and smokeless. I had alot of my reloading records on my old computer, which has stopped working. The rest of them were on paper, and the removalists have put them somewhere that I have not yet discovered.

I know I was loading 75gr of FFg Wano, but I cannot find the loading records. I know that I was hoping for 1250fps (one group of long range shooters here in Oz have deemed that the minimum velocity needed to shoot in their 1000 yard match), but I know that I came up very short of 1250fps. When I turn up my notes, I will confirm the actual velocity.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

I was using the past supressor with 74 gr 45-70 loads with the money bullet and experienced extreme horizontal stringing cause by butt movement associated with the past pad-----pay close attention to butt position and firmness of shoulder pressure to combat this difficulty------thanks again for montana charlie for the diagnosis of this problem for me.

keep well-stay safe

dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12