Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hornady red bullet stick lube?

Hornady red bullet stick lube?

Anyone on here use or used to use the Hornady red bullet lube in stick form?
    I retrieved some my grandfather bought back in '83. Just curious if it is still made and how good it works. Gonna lube up some 130 gr. 30 cals for the carbine, some 230 gr. RN .45 for the 1911, and some truncated cone boolits for a 9mm M&P and .38 revo.
    Founder/Administrator
    www.MSGunOwners.com

Boolit Grand Master
    I never even knew Hornady made bullet lube. I have been educated now.

Boolit Master
    When I first started casting I was using lube from Hodgdons that came in 1 lb metal cans.

i wont swear to it but i'd almost bet that like some of hornady's other lube products it was a private run by another company labeled for hornady , with the timeline that you suggest and beings as this company isnt too far away from hornady and the fact that they currently do some private labeling for hornady it could be some old stock zambini or HVR from this company

http://www.roosterlabs.com/about.html

( btw ? i really miss the discontinued HVR )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

hey man you dont have time to post on here.. i gave you a gallon ziplock of 38's to lube for me.. chop chop lol

I'm a gittin, I'm a gittin!!
    Founder/Administrator
    www.MSGunOwners.com

Banned
    I just obtained an RCBS LAM II Sizer-Luber. What all do I need to lube 7mm 120 grain GC bullets?? Lube sticks, top punch, and sizer???? Would like to know more!! Steps to get a good bullet!! Thanks

In Remembrance

Before you start sizing bullets you need to have an idea of the sizer you should try and be using. That is to say a few, if possible, thousands over your bore diameter. If you haven`t measured the bore of your 7mm rifle you can probably be good with a .285" sizer. Some rifles may have a larger bore in which case you will need to search out a larger sizer and bullet mold. Another thing you`ll need for a GC sized bullet is 7mm gas checks. Yes, you can lube and load the bullets without them and shoot them at a slightly lesser velocity, but that is why your mold was made that way - to use checks. Get a decent lube for the sizing step. About any on the market now will be adequate. Time and experience will help dictate what you may use later. Bullet alloy is another thing to be addressed. You can use straight wheel weights and have a very good bullet. You can alloy 50/50 (ww/pure lead) or any other ally to suite your needs. In short, don`t be afraid to ask questions about making up these neat little projectiles. Welcome aboard.Robert

I stand corrected, it is a hodgdon lube. MY eyes gettin old!
    Founder/Administrator
    www.MSGunOwners.com