Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: '03-a3 311284 and what next...

Boolit Master

'03-a3 311284 and what next...

ok i have recently aquirred a very nice 311284( thanks maven!).. looks like the oal is 3.30. but whats a good load ?? where do i start ?? perfer rifle powders....

thanks.......

mike
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master
    Depends what you want out of it.

I make an AT&T bullet out of it by reaching out to an OAL of 3.34 until I touch something. I use 20 grains of 4759 on the fast end and 45 grains of 4831 on the slow using a tuft of filler once I get passed 4895. If you have these on hand, you can try and make adjustments. You may need 21 and 47 or something, then you will know. Make a sliding scale for anything you like in between. Makes for easy guessing.

The 4831 load was a better 300 yard load. The 4831 load though bothers some people as they worry about SSE. Judge for yourself, the boundaries are there.

If you want up to 2100 fps, you can drop down to H-870 and use enough to fill the case with about .5cc of PSB for compression. That is @ 58 grains depending on cases. Dirty as hell, but she'll give everything she's got.

Super Moderator

..............My very most favorite load in my 1903A1 is the 311284 over 23.0grs of H4198 + dacron for 1650 fps. Very accurate from my 4 groove bbl and it will handily topple the 200 meter ram.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    I'll go along with BA and say 4831 from 40 to 50gr will do very well out to about 500 yds. I seat it just to the top driving band and don't crimp. Makes a real nice brush load for deer also.