ADvertise hereRotoMetals2Graf & SonsStainLess Steel Media
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687
Results 1,721 to 1,727 of 1727

Thread: My homemade black powder

I got mine from Duda Deisel.
    Thanks, I just ordered 10 pounds of sulfur and 5 pounds KNO3 from them.

I successfully made charcoal tonight. I used Poplar. I do not know if this is a good wood or not, but as I have lots of scrap Poplar, I used it.

I first tried it on my grill side-burner. After going an hour and then shutting it down, it had just started turning black.

So, I put the paint can in my metal-melting furnace. It worked great, but burned the bottom out of my paint can. I'm going to need something more rugged for a retort.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
    Where are you guys buying your KNO3 online?

Steve
    Here

http://hobbychemicalsupply.com/?reqp=1&reqr=

Looks like a dead page now? Dunno now, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
    Thanks, I just ordered 10 pounds of sulfur and 5 pounds KNO3 from them.

I successfully made charcoal tonight. I used Poplar. I do not know if this is a good wood or not, but as I have lots of scrap Poplar, I used it.

I first tried it on my grill side-burner. After going an hour and then shutting it down, it had just started turning black.

So, I put the paint can in my metal-melting furnace. It worked great, but burned the bottom out of my paint can. I'm going to need something more rugged for a retort.

I use a fish cooker/turkey fryer.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, worn out, shouting "Holy Sh&$....What a ride!"

Harbor freight Dutch oven works for me. Cheap and tough. Just had to drill a hole in the lid.

Boolit Master
    I'm sure many of you already know this, but for those who don't:

(d) Except for the purposes of subsections (d), (e), (f), (g), (h), (i), and (j) of section 844 of this title, "explosives" means any chemical compound mixture, or device, the primary or common purpose of which is to function by explosion- the term includes, but is not limited to, dynamite and other high explosives, black powder, pellet powder, initiating explosives, detonators, safety fuses, squibs, detonating cord, igniter cord, and igniters.

(h) "Manufacturer" means any person engaged in the business of manufacturing explosive materials for purposes of sale of distribution or for his own use.

(n) "Distribute" means sell, issue, give, transfer, or otherwise dispose of.

https://www.atf.gov/file/58741/download
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity.......and I'm not sure about the universe..........."

Albert Einstein

Harbor freight Dutch oven works for me. Cheap and tough. Just had to drill a hole in the lid.
    Ahah! That sounds much better! Wont' fit in my furnace though. Might have to do some firebrick stacking.

Steve

Boolit Master
    A outdoor smoker fire box works also or a campfire.

Fly

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687