Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Load Data online reloading site

Boolit Master
    Those single caliber load books supliment my manuals ,there basicley load data from lots of different manuals covering jkt/cast boolits

Boolit Master

I've used load data.com for years, great site. Data from the Lyman manuals are on the site, along with data from the powder companies and bullet companies. As usual too many call it bad without ever seeing what is really there, for the money it's like having all of the reloading manuals on hand and in a searchable database.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wincacher View Post
    Thought I'd check for some yeas and nays on "LOAD DATA" and this came up. I see some sound advice, yet: 3 days ago I posted a request for load info on 40-60 Winchester on 3 forums and got 1 reply with 1 suggested start load that I already had. For collectors like me that like the obsolete cartridges, ie. 25-20, 38-56, 40-60, 40-82, etc., there seems to be no internet, or nearly none, with information available. I checked the LOAD DATA site for 40-60 and got about 30 suggested loads for the 40-60, though most are charge/velocity variations. I guess it comes down to what type of shooting one is interested in, historic, obsolete or the 9mm/AR-15 black gun stuff. Haven't subscribed yet but leaning that way.
    i'm a member of Load Data & use it. I also load some older historic cartridges & the sight has alot of data for these older cartridges & some load data is also weapon specific. I agree that the common loads can be found all over the place, but LD also has the data for those under their own heading, keeping them easier to compare the data quickly. Fwiw, it's worth it to me.

Load Data got me once but not twice!

My personal favourite is Lyman 3rd Edition Cast Bullet Handbook. I have the 4th Edition but found the 3rd was more helpful. Just personal opinion others may differ.

Hogdon site is an excellent reference, free and has a wide variety of loads for their powders (Hogdon, Winchester & IMR).

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lancem View Post
    I've used load data.com for years, great site. Data from the Lyman manuals are on the site, along with data from the powder companies and bullet companies. As usual too many call it bad without ever seeing what is really there, for the money it's like having all of the reloading manuals on hand and in a searchable database.
    Agree, more data for the money than you will get from any 2 or 3 books. Also many articles. However in all honesty the load books have added detail on reloading the site does not offer. If you are an accomplished handloader just mining load data it has a lot to offer.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I reload for many single shot rifles with obsolete calibers in addition to post 1900 calibers. The online free or paid subscription sites do not list many of them. Build a library of reference books and these are my 'go to' books:
    * The Complete Guide to Handloading ... https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guid...TR6TKVTNWYM4R9
    * 3rd Edition Ammo Encyclopedia ... https://www.amazon.com/Ammo-Encyclop.../dp/1936120100
    * Pre 1950 Ideal HAndbooks, especially the 1939 Edition ... http://www.cornellpubs.com/old-guns/historic-ideal.php
    Cartridges of the World... https://www.amazon.com/Cartridges-World-Complete-Illustrated-Reference/dp/1440242658

Black Powder ...
    http://www.goexpowder.com/load-chart.html
    Regards
    John

Vendor Sponsor

I have a need for load data in .45 Schofield brass to 23,000psi in a Ruger SA and you won't find this in any published data anywhere. If I invest money in load data materials, it will be to order a copy of Quickload.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Mold
    Does anyone have any reloading data for the mihec 452-340 gc for the 45 ACP?

Boolit Master
    I used to subscribe to Load Data, and still have QuickLoad software. Load Data had many suggested handloads from Wolfe's editors. I wasn't sure how many had been pressure tested at a real ballistics lab. QuickLoad is software based on bomb calorimeter data gathered by a German chemical engineer. It is predictive. I always double-check its data against at least one reloading handbook, and I've found its prediction of muzzle pressure valuable. When changing powders, a charge that produces similar muzzle pressure often results in similar accuracy. I will chronograph all accurate loads (QuickLoad is usually very close to measured velocity). A chronograph is the only consumer machine whose measurement is proportional to chamber pressure. There are no fast barrels.

Boolit Buddy
    Don't waste your money on Load Data. There are so many online sources for free that it doesn't make make sense to pay for it. Plus every reloader should have several load manuals on their bench.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12