RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best 357 mold?

Boolit Buddy
    I have several one really works for one specific application I started with a 148 wc mold then a 156 gr swc. If you are interested when I get the money together for shipping I'll cast you up 20 or so from each mold I have which is a few and you can try them.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

The most consistantly accurate bullets that I have cast over the years for both carbines, and handguns have been the Lyman 358156 for a gas check design, and the Lee 38-158 RNFP for a plain base. So far, I haven't had any problems in either Winchester, or Marlin carbines with the 358156 feeding when it is seated to the .357 crimp groove. I have been thinking about getting Mountain Molds, or someone to make a mold for a 170, or so grain gas check bullet that has the Lee RNFP nose shape. It has been said that a 158 SWC at 1100 fps from a .357 will do about all that caliber can do from a handgun, and they may be right.

Boolit Buddy
    adagna,

I've been shooting a 358156 out of my ruger blackhawk for quite a few years. I shoot it with 5 grns of unique out of a 38spl case non-checked for plinking and small game. Works well. I started with a single cavity and picked up a 2 cavity whick I use now. If interested in the single cavity, I'd let it go. Send a pm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123