Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TC Maxi-ball lubing

Boolit Buddy
    I have only fired maby 10 at a time lubed with SPG. 45 cal run through 4500 with .454 die seem to work well. SPG stays in the grooves better than Bore Butter much less mess.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    Uhh ... it has been quite a while since the last time I tried to find a T/C pre-luber in .45 caliber.
    Reminded by this thread I went looking again, and succeeded.

I am going to post a link to the seller (on eBay) who has them, but I WANT THE GREEN ONE.

If anybody jumps up to bid against me, I WILL come to your house and pee in your powder horn!

You guys can fight over the .50 and .54 caliber pre-lubers ...
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/barryhawken/...id=p4340.l2562

CM
    Thanks just bid on the 50 cal (red) one.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
    Thanks just bid on the 50 cal (red) one.
    I got it! Paid 30.00 bucks for it!

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

lubers

I use TC Bore butter and the plastic type charge to carry them in. It all stays where it will not damage the other.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Banned

i use crisco and beeswax or the natural lube stuff, works good for me.

Larry Gibson, I see you have a peep on that caplock.

I too have a peep on my caplock. How do you make sure you keep the zero once you take it apart to clean and then put back together?

There was a guy who was offering a real trick aluminum tool on ebay a couple of years ago. You preloaded it with lube, inserted a maxi into the lube slot, cranked the pressure knob a turn of so and then pushed out your bullet all lubed and ready to go. They ran about $35 ea. I bought a 50, a 58 and a 54.
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Grand Master

Blammer

"Larry Gibson, I see you have a peep on that caplock.

I too have a peep on my caplock. How do you make sure you keep the zero once you take it apart to clean and then put back together?
    "

I've bedded the rear of the barrel with MicroBed (unfortuately not made anymore ) so that it goes back tightly in the stock. It, so far, returns to zero. I also don't take it our of the stock after shooting unless necessary. Triple 7 cleans up very easily and I use a drilled out nipple with a plastic tube on it stuck into a coffee can of hot water when cleaning the bore. The cleaning rod with a tight patch on a jag when pulled up sucks the water up into the barrel, when the rod is pushed down it flushes the water out. Works good, is quick and easy and really cleans BP or substitute powder esidue out. A hair dryer dries it quickly and a little WD40 or other preservitive/cleaner sprayed into the nipple hole and down the barrel is then patched out. A final coat of Kroil is put inside the barrel and on the outside. Not a problem with rust, even in the humid PNW, using that method. Sounds harder to do than it is.

Larry Gibson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12