Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839

Thread: NOE 311 247Gr. FN Whisper

Boolit Master
    Landric,

count to thirty out loud, as fast as you can. That's how fast my 300 BLK empties a thirty round magazine full of 311247 loads at 1073fps.

There are a lot of better options, IMHO, if you want a bolt gun. Starting with a standard 7.62x39; and easing up to a 30BR.

The primary focus here seems to be based on the AR platform and the upcoming Zombie Wars...

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sharpshooter View Post
    Landric,

count to thirty out loud, as fast as you can. That's how fast my 300 BLK empties a thirty round magazine full of 311247 loads at 1073fps.

There are a lot of better options, IMHO, if you want a bolt gun. Starting with a standard 7.62x39; and easing up to a 30BR.

The primary focus here seems to be based on the AR platform and the upcoming Zombie Wars...

Rich
    Well, for those Zombie Wars I am going to be using a 5.56mm AR and/or .30-06 from a Garand.

I'm going with the Blackout bolt-action primarily because I want to shoot subsonic suppressed and that is specifically what the Blackout is designed for. I also acknowledge that I might one day want an AR in .300 BLK, and if that happens, I am already set up for handloading it. I also keep hoping for a Mini-14 in .300 BLK. I have no interest in an AR or Mini (or anything else really) in 7.62x39mm.
    "The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Landric

Honcho for NOE .38-200 Mk. I British Round Nose Group Buy

Boolit Master
    I casted up some the other day, and they came out at 241 grains out of my straight wheelweight alloy. Diameter was .312. Haven't shot any yet, but just loaded them over 8 grains of 2400 to go try out. Also, I had to load them at 2.140 COAL to get them to feed through my GI mags. Tried them that length in the MagPuls, and they fed at that length as well, but any longer and they'd be making contact with the front dividing rib in the MagPul.

Kevin
    History will record, with the greatest astonishment, that those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

The problem with Liberals is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

I can't get them to feed properly loaded to the crimp groove in GI mags or pmags, not even when I modified the pmags by removing the side and nose ribs.

I'll try at 2.140, this is crimped just over the front band, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    I was originally planning on building an AR in .300 Blackout, but I think I am going to stick with the bolt gun I have planned. I don't relish the idea of chasing expensive brass as it flings it self out of an AR, and the reformed brass is not ideal IMO for a number of reasons, primarily that I don't like doing it myself. With a bolt gun I can expect 100% brass recovery, and for the brass to last longer. Given that, I can make due with factory .300 BLK brass. Besides, a suppressed bolt gun shooting subsonic rounds is going to be super quiet.
    One could always put a shut off screw on an AR and work it as a straight pull. I do that with my 6x45AR when shooting in cast bullet matches. An 8x32 allen head screw runs through the gas block. To open it I put 3 or 4 lock washers on the screw and put it in the block, off is all the way in without washers.

Last edited by madsenshooter; 02-27-2012 at 04:03 AM.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Blasted hellish frozen northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota
    Say, if any of you who got these moulds could part with a few boolits for testing... There's several folks interested in finding out what they work in here:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=145597
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Boolit Bub

Load Data 300 BLK / Rem 7 suppressed subs

LC brass, Rem SR Benchrest primer, 7.4 gr VV N110, NOE 311 247 gr NON Gas Check seated to crimp grove but NOT crimped. also, case mouth NOT expanded or belled. 5 to 2 WW + Lino ratio alloy @ approx 12 bn. lubed with Lee Alox and sized .310 AVG Velocity 1,047 fps

Accuracy good. some feeding issues from the mag box. also can be difficult to chamber. will try sizing to .309 and .308 to see if that helps. No leading evident, and no lead build up in the suppressor (Liberty Freedom)

vid below is with 225 gr Hndy bullets however the sound is same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfSGb...ature=youtu.be

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839