Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: New Sig P210

Boolit Buddy

New Sig P210

Sig has reintroduced the P210. It will be called the Legend.
    Here is the website.

http://www.sigsauer.de/index.php?id=1024&lang=en

I have always wanted one of these but I'm sure it will be more $ than I would be willing to pay.

Boolit Grand Master

Gonna be high $$$

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Finally, a company is introducing something I lust for. Where's that drooling smilie?

They've always been pricey, but do they ever shoot.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Grand Master
    Dream gun for me, at least at present. Sure is nice to see them being offered again.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of the ex-Danish Army M/49s, which is a P210 made for the Danes. While still not cheap by any means, they usually bring less than a regular P210.
    That's the only way I managed to swing buying one.
    They still show up on Gunbroker at times. I'd suggest anyone with an interest in a P210 to look for one of those.

To be honest, I might rather have an old one, whether an older P210 or an M49 like mine than a brand new one. The new ones are made on CNC machinery in Germany. While I'm sure they are super guns, they probably lack the fine machining and fitting of an old one (they can't possibly be finished better), and besides- It just seems wrong for a P210 not to be Swiss-made!
    Some on the Sig Forum are pretty upset over this, but I'm not getting that carried away. I'm really glad they are making them, and hope this puts some more magazines or other things on the market.

If nothing else, these latest ones are supposed to cost less than half what the last Swiss-made 210s listed for.

I wouldn't worry about an older one being worn out, that's for sure. Mine shows a lot of exterior wear so it's no magazine cover gun. Still, it's tight as a drum.
    I have corresponded with a Swiss gentleman and did some pistol grip swapping with him, and he tells me there are people there with a ridiculous number of rounds through their 210s with nothing aside from regular maintenance.

The hammer eats my hand alive and the safety lever is awkward, but holy cow this thing shoots.
    I have rifles that could use the trigger from this pistol. It's not light, but incredibly smooth and crisp.

Boolit Buddy
    Got a price on the new ones. Or, at least one place is taking orders for $2055.
    Truthfully, I thought it would run more. Not that it needs to run more, mind you, but just about any used one on Gunbroker brings more. Even this same place seldom has a used one listed for under $2300 or so.

http://www.rocosystem.com/SIGP210Legendfixedsight/

Boolit Grand Master
    $2055 is less than I expected to see as well. 8-9 years ago, there was a Swiss-made P-210 kit for sale at a Riverside, CA shop that I lusted for in my heart quite deeply. For a mere $3300, it included assemblies to fire 30 Luger and 22 LR as well as the more prosaic 9mm housing. I couldn't justify the outlay, though my overtime pay could have covered it--assuming I didn't eat or drive for 6-8 months or so. Ah, well--a little deprivation now and then helps build character.

Why would the SIG folks be upset about the re-intro? Concern about collector valuation/appreciation of existing examples?
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Two grand is not a small amount of money, but I saw them 20 years ago for $1200.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Why would the SIG folks be upset about the re-intro? Concern about collector valuation/appreciation of existing examples?
    I gathered the concern was that the new ones wouldn't be as well done as the older ones.
    I doubt many were going to buy one anyway, so I'm not sure why it mattered.

I'm glad they are making them and they could cut corners to make them for half price if it would sell more of them. Maybe that would get more magazines on the market at a lower price!
    I want some more, but not at $150 a pop.

Yes, I know. The usual reply to that is: Those who buy a Sig P210 shouldn't whine about the magazine costs. I've said that myself in the past.
    But now I know the difference. I can see a lot of the justifications for the gun's expense, but the magazine is like any other magazine. It's no better made than the magazine they sell for any other Sig and should be $50 at the very most, and more like $30.
    I know a lot of it is supply and demand. There has to be a tiny market for P210 magazines. So I hope they sell a million new P210s.

The only thing I see wrong with the new P210 is an admittedly silly reason. And that reason is that it's not made in Switzerland. Some guns don't seem right if made in a different place. A Russian-made S&W model 29 or Japanese made Luger wouldn't seem quite right either.