WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year from Mike Venturino

Boolit Master

Mike,
    GREAT to hear from you! Here's wishing 2011 is a MUCH better year for you, Yvonne, and your family.

Can't wait to read about your StG.44, and see if your experiences/opinions match my impressions of it.

That Lewis Gun is the one MG that has eluded me. I've never had the opportunity to shoot one, let alone load for, work on, and generally evaluate. Your's sounds very interesting. Is it in 7.7 Jap, 6.5 Arisaka, or ???
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good to hear from you, sir!

I know that sort of grief--and I'm sorry to hear of its occurrence. It seems that 2010 was a tough year for a lot of us. Here's hoping that 2011 reaps a sweeter harvest!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Mike, Happy New Year to you, Yvonne, and all your critters. It took us over a year to be able to replace the last dog who passed over the great divide. Big mistake! Each pet makes their own unique place, and their predecessors are never forgotten. Thanks for your good work, and take care of yourself. Bill & Fran

Rumor has it that you are going to the SCI show in Reno. I've never been despite living five miles out of Reno, but I'm ready to make an exception this year to meet you.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Moderator Emeritus

Mike, I would like to add my welcome back and a wish for a Happy New Year! I'm sorry to hear about Brennan, I went through losing my own dog last year also. It sounds like you have a good start on that new pup.

I look forward to many more years of reading your articles too!

Best wishes, Dean D.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Happy New Year to You Sir, and to all here!!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master

Mike, Happy New Year, and hopes that this one will be a whale of a lot better for you than last. Am glad that you have a new companion, but a replacement never fully takes the place of an old pet. They are family! Hope to see you in Reno if you are going to the SCI convention. Liked your article on odities in the last Handloader. It was quite a project.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to hear about your dog, I just picked up my fourth edition it will go nicely on my shelf o reloading manuals. Best of luck to you for 2011.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Mike, My wife Lisha and I had a Boston Terrier by the name of Lady for 13 years. She became so sick that the vet advised us to put her down almost three yeatrs ago . She was like your dog and went every where with us. She would sleep on our bed at night close to us. She was small and never barked so when we were on the road and a hotel said no pets, my wife would throw a shirt over her and go right past the desk. Lady Dog was not a pet just as Brennen was she was a family member. We have yet to take that step but I am happy you are on the way to recovery. Take Care Your Friend in Louisiana David aka Cajun Shooter,aka Fairshake
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    Happy you are back, hope you can stay.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Boolit Buddy
    Mike,
    God bless you and your family in 2011.. Like most of the other guys here, I've been reading your articles for "lo, these many years".. I began my interest in guns back when I was about 15 or so, and, being an avid reader, went through all the gun magazines I could find, as fast as they hit the newsstands. I learned a lot, reading Skeeter, Col. Charles, Bill, Elmer... all those guys. I remember when I started seeing articles by some little fella up north of Texas somewhere... Wyoming? Montana? somewhere like that.
    While I don't shoot BPCR, I feel like I am a participant, simply from reading your articles. I DO cast bullets, and have always been a big fan of large bore revolvers, primarily Ruger single actions. Your articles have always been informative and entertaining. Thanks for that.
    Best of everything to you and your family!

No Mike you are excused a dress. There is a fellow who does show up in a kilt. Giving the fighting reputation of those gentlemen who are kilt wearers I am unlikely make any rude comments about them.

But as always if you ever want to revisit the Martini, I am just up the road in Cut Bank.
    Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Master

Mike best wishes to you and your family and the newest member of you family.

Skeet1

Boolit Master

The best to you in 2011 Mike!

Keep up the quality articles. I look forward to your black powder and military surplus articles the same as I used to lock forward to Jack O'Connor's hunting and 270 articles in the 1950s and 60s'.

Boolit Master

Mike
    Sorry to hear you lost your pup, yes I know he was older, I have lost a lot in the last year also. think divorce and kids
    I have my animals though two cats and a small dog they keep me going.
    I hope to find a real home this year, well the land at least, as someone close to me told me to go find 75 plus acres I would like to have a house on and then we will build a house and I will have a home as long as I live.
    I have read your writings for years and will say that I don't always agree with your ideas but don't not follow them a lot times either. Kinda like if you don't know it is better to be safe than sorry.
    Happy New Year to your and your family. May this year bring more joy to us all.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better Mike. Best wishes for 2011.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Mold
    Happy New Year to you and everyone else on here Mike!

Sorry to hear about your loss and hope things go well with your new collie!

Rob

Happy new year Mike. Keep up the good work and Happy New Year to all here!
    Semper Fi

Mike, there isn't anything I can say that hasn't been said already, but all the best for 2011. Keep up the good work.
    R.M.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

I know it must hurt to loose you dog. I am a dog person as well. I am truly sorry.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy
    Mike,

Best wishes to you and your wife.

You keep writing and I'll keep reading.

From one "HANDLOADER LOONEY" to another.

Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast