Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lee 22 Bator mold caution

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

I havent had the heart

I am more than a little disapointed in Lee about this situation

I have 3 2 cavities sitting in a box that is unopened. I had return them to Lee because they were defected. Still waiting on the 2 6 cavities that were bad. I bought them to make money on e-bay (LOL) I was told it was going to take 10 days. It took 45 days to get the 2 cavities back going on 3 months now for the 6. I also had to pay for shipping back to Lee
    Now I just want to get my money back. (some day)
    Last edited by DCP; 04-27-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Well, apparently, Midsouth is having an issue getting the molds from Lee. Still on backorder....

Boolit Master
    I returned a Midsouth 6 cavity to Lee and still don't have a replacement mold.

John

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by johnly View Post
    I returned a Midsouth 6 cavity to Lee and still don't have a replacement mold.

John
    How long ago?
    See me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/matthew.c.orme. Mention castboolits and your user name if you contact me there.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by koehlerrk View Post
    Well, apparently, Midsouth is having an issue getting the molds from Lee. Still on backorder....
    Lee won't run them until they have enough of an order to make it worth their while. Midsouth won't place an order until they have enough backprders to justify it. Usually works out to about two runs a year.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    Lee won't run them until they have enough of an order to make it worth their while. Midsouth won't place an order until they have enough backprders to justify it. Usually works out to about two runs a year.
    Not so. I talked to Midsouth several months ago, before I started the .277 group buy. I was trying to talk them into adding the .277 moulds to their "special order moulds" list. At that time, they had 80 bator moulds on order from Lee. Midsouth does not wait for orders before ordering from Lee, any more than they wait for orders for anything else.

I have no Idea why it is taking Lee a long time to fill the order.
    See me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/matthew.c.orme. Mention castboolits and your user name if you contact me there.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by morme@gte.net View Post
    I have no Idea why it is taking Lee a long time to fill the order.
    My guess would be that they had too many complaints from the last run and are either trying to correct it, or ignoring it hoping it will go away.
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BCall View Post
    My guess would be that they had too many complaints from the last run and are either trying to correct it, or ignoring it hoping it will go away.
    I doubt the "hope it goes away" attitude would affect an 80 piece order with Midsouth. One possibility (just guessing of course) is that they had a hundred back orders and the last order was not enough for everyone.

BUT, I would bet that your first guess is right. They are remaking the tooling.

I think from my conversations with Pat at Lee that they use cherries. I know they changed over the years. IIRC, they first used cherries, switched to lathe, and are back to cherries. (or I have it mixed up, and it went lathe, cherry, lathe) Someone other than me should call them to ask.

IF they use cherries, I wonder how the dims are off for the last batch. They probably use lathe for custom moulds as all it requires is programing rather than making a cherry. Just a SWAG though.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by morme@gte.net View Post
    How long ago?
    Pushing three months.....

I spoke to Pat a couple of weeks ago, and he was surprised that a replacement had not arrived. I guess I'll just keep on casting with the 2 cavity until the new mold arrives.

John

Boolit Master

GOOD NEWS (I think)

GOOD NEWS (I think)

UPS delivered 2-6 cavities 5/11/11 from Lee

I now have 2-6 cavities and 4-2 cavities. I will keep 1 of each and sell or trade the rest
    Last edited by DCP; 05-12-2011 at 02:21 PM.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

dcp, how are the dimensions? Specifically heel and nose.

Boolit Master

Well for now they are just setting in the boxes.
    It is much better for my blood pressure. The wife, kids and the dogs.

I can not figure out what Lee has been thinking. Someone has dropped the ball.
    They let all those bad molds get out. Someone knew they were bad

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    dcp, how are the dimensions? Specifically heel and nose.
    Last edited by DCP; 05-12-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy
    Most people are probably like me. They don't care. They shoot just fine. I will post a pic of what I got to compare with what others have received.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dcp View Post
    I have 3 2 cavities sitting in a box that is unopened. I had return them to Lee because they were defected. Still waiting on the 2 6 cavities that were bad. I bought them to make money on e-bay (LOL)

sellin' boolits ?
    or sellin' the molds ?

was that the original plan or just a joke ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

I have over 200 buys on e-bay and 1 sell a bator mold

I stopped because of all the problems.

So to answer your ?s, it is yes to both

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    sellin' boolits ?
    or sellin' the molds ?

was that the original plan or just a joke ?
    Last edited by DCP; 05-15-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    I called Midsouth earlier this week, and my mold is still on backorder. Mind you, the shipment from Lee was supposed to arrive at the warehouse 4/25 and it still hasn't shown up. The nice lady I spoke with stated that since Lee hasn't sent them a revised ship date, they really don't know when the molds will arrive. Might be tomorrow, might be in a month.

So, I'm still in a holding pattern. Not a huge problem right now, so I'm not real worried about it.

Vendor Sponsor

Got mine last fall. I waited 6 months for mine.Apparently I was far enough down on the list that I waited for 2 shipments.I have not cast with mine, or even checked it out to see if it is as designed...guess I should.
    TCG
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!

Boolit Master

Welcome to the club.

Most likely its the new coke one.
    That's when I got mine

Quote Originally Posted by Thecyberguy View Post
    Got mine last fall. I waited 6 months for mine.Apparently I was far enough down on the list that I waited for 2 shipments.I have not cast with mine, or even checked it out to see if it is as designed...guess I should.
    TCG

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Vendor Sponsor

So, is Lee taking them back if you have cast with them?
    TCG
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!

Boolit Master

Yes

You can also make some Glue Boolits

Quote Originally Posted by Thecyberguy View Post
    So, is Lee taking them back if you have cast with them?
    TCG

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast