Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: .300 Whisper/Blackout Boolit

Boolit Bub

30-247 noe

Anyone have one these that they want to sell?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by thehouseproduct View Post
    How do you get thin necks chopping 223 into 300 Whisper? My necks are too thick if anything.
    Most cases (e.g. Lake City) should be fine for neck thickness. The only brass that I'm having issues with is S&B. If you are shooting cast, what is your bullet diameter? You may need to size the bullet smaller if your chamber is tight. On the S&B, I'll often just use a neck reamer with my Wilson trimmer and thin it out that way.

Boolit Master
    hahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahha... Brian, that was funny.

There is a new group buy here somewhere. Get both versions.

Rich

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Most cases (e.g. Lake City) should be fine for neck thickness. The only brass that I'm having issues with is S&B. If you are shooting cast, what is your bullet diameter? You may need to size the bullet smaller if your chamber is tight. On the S&B, I'll often just use a neck reamer with my Wilson trimmer and thin it out that way.
    I've processed many a thousand of these over time. And for what it's worth I don't care what head stamp the case has NONE are 100%. During 1 of the processes I ream each and every one, sometimes the reamer just barely shaves off any material and sometimes it takes off .004 and that is on the same head stamped brass.

Also all chambers are not all created equal, it seems that some are smaller than others. Especially when using boolits it's advisable to chamber each one for fit the first time a new batch of brass is used.

People need to keep in mind that the parent case is shortened and in doing this a new portion of the brass is being created, namely the neck area. When the parent case is drawn there are tolerances on case thicknesses but still for the most part they will vary to a point that like I said are not 100%. So for the folks that make there own brass please run a reamer through them so that the case neck I.D. is all the same so they all work to your expectations.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011