RepackboxInline FabricationADvertise hereRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: The .32 S&W Long as a man-stopper

I agree.
    Best is to buy a gun that shoots the acp cartridge.
    I agree with The Schwartz.
    Last edited by Alferd Packer; 09-16-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alferd Packer View Post
    I agree.
    Best is to buy a gun that shoots the acp cartridge.
    I agree with The Schwartz.
    Most certainly, Al.

One of the concerns that I have for the OP is that the rimless .32ACP may prove problematic (without the use of moonclips of some sort) and I'd be concerned with misalignmnet increasing pressures in an older firearm with less-advanced metallurgy.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schwartz View Post
    Most certainly, Al.

One of the concerns that I have for the OP is that the rimless .32ACP may prove problematic (without the use of moonclips of some sort) and I'd be concerned with misalignmnet increasing pressures in an older firearm with less-advanced metallurgy.

.32 ACP is not rimless, but semi-rimmed. But firing the ACP in .32 revolvers is not a good idea for numerous reasons explained in my earlier post #593
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

You have to agree also that reloading for any of this old iron is a crapshoot at best.
    Taken on an individual basis, what works for my gun can cause yours to go to pieces, and while I don't wish that on anyone, it's a possibility every time you pull the trigger.
    I am more comfortable shooting these old girls with primer-powered wax bullets or plastic primer-powered glue bullets than trying black powder and lead slugs even.
    Just hate to think of booby-trapping myself or a fellow reloader.
    But, also we are all like the kids who used to hit a roll of caps on the sidewalk with a hammer to make it go BOOM.
    You pay your nickle and take your chances.
    As long as you don't take someone else with you.
    NoT LOL, or no joke there.
    Anyway all we can do is be safe, till you pull the trigger.
    No guts, no glory. Stupid is as stupid does,etc.
    Me, I prefer the wax bullets anymore.
    Good luck and again, I love this thread and reading what you all have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    .32 ACP is not rimless, but semi-rimmed. But firing the ACP in .32 revolvers is not a good idea for numerous reasons explained in my earlier post #593
    I read it. We arrived at the same place. Bad idea, due to dimensional issues.

Boolit Bub
    Since the 30 Carbine gets mentioned once in a while in this thread, here is a photo to think about.

https://vilda.alaska.edu/digital/col...21/id/99/rec/1

Bruce

Boolit Master

Wow. Just wow.

There is a reason bullet placement is king, and everything else follows.

Boolit Master

Sun City (****** Falls) Las Vegas in the nosebleed heights
    My wife is an avid shooter and when using her Mossberg 500 with 2 3/4 shell with no 4 buckshot she is very deadly indeed. However when walking her dog in a public park in the very early morning hours she is faced with coyotes. Both the 2 footed and 4 footed variety. Lugging around a 40" pump shotgun would not be feasible nor fun. ]

She is an above average pistol shot with my Smith 586 with the 6 inch tube both with full power 357 and/or .38 +p+ handloads. Then again the Smith is a big honking weapon. Our solution was to arm her with a Charter Arms "Patriot" revolver with a 2.5" tube in 327 Federal Magnum caliber. This gives her 6 shots with terminal ballistics even with a low power 357 round without the muzzle blast or recoil of a heavier round. A Federal 327 Mag round with a 100 gr .312 provides 1500 FPS velocity with very manageable recoil although the muzzle blast is severe and the report very loud. With a soft point round the wounds inflicted would be very nasty.

Recently I obtained some j word bullets from Lehigh industries. They are crafted out of solid copper and they have a unique carved shape that produces outstanding wound channels and excellent penetration for a round of only 75 gr but moving at well over 1700 FPS.

I crafted up a bunch of these and she practiced with them and she liked 'em. They are very very loud but the recoil is manageable and her accuracy is very good with them. Now she carries them in her revolver and has two strip clips full of spare ammo to follow up with. I feel good about this combo and so does she.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    Since the 30 Carbine gets mentioned once in a while in this thread, here is a photo to think about.

https://vilda.alaska.edu/digital/col...21/id/99/rec/1

Bruce
    That is almost as good as that elderly native Indian lady who killed a grizzly with a .22 Long single shot rifle.
    ref https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/bel...#axzz63mwcY76s

But is was amazingly impressive that he killed grizzlies with the .30 carbine though.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031