Graf & SonsTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
StainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: The .32 S&W Long as a man-stopper

Boolit Grand Master
    The above is sorta my long winded way of saying I carry something else when carrying. But if push came to hard shove I would be thankful something other than nothing were available if said 32s were all I had.

In my own testing various “original ballistics” 32 Long loads using SWC, wadcutter or RN bullets had no problem penetrating well past FBI “minimums.”

That’s a decent start.

Wow. I can't believe this thread is still going after 8 years.

Well, I ended up getting a Charter Arms revolver with the unfortunate model name of "Undercoverette". I picked it up because it was literally the only revolver currently listed on the California Safe Handgun roster still chambered in .32 H&R Magnum. And while it isn't an outstanding handgun, it does give me a really good platform to test .32 S&W Long loads in before using them in my older guns. While .32 S&W Long still isn't my first choice for self defense, it is still better than nothing. Either the "man stopper" rounds from Buffalo Bore, or some reasonably peppy flat- points of some sort handloaded towards the upper end of the load data. I just wish the sights on the Charter Arms revolver were better.

-Mb

Boolit Master
    Historically, the 32 S&W cartridges and guns have likely been used to stop an amazing number of robbers, assailants and killed quite a few people along the way too.

Boolit Master
    In my 'uninformed' opinion; any .32 bullet hit in the torso area would be 'distracting' to an assailant in an Altercation involving weapons. Perhaps enough to 'spoil' the assailant's aim and perhaps 'dissuade' from further attack. As a probable minimum it would give the intended victim some added time to remove themselves from the immediate area.

Chev. William

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829