Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY check maker book

Boolit Master
    Cool- Thats pretty much what I came up with! I went out in the garage in sheer frustration over a year ago and machined my own checkmaker.. Took about two hours to come up with a design and machine my .30 cal set.. It works great with my lee 312-155-2r mold. I'm sure I would have to change some dimensions with other molds though.. Best part was NO waiting- NO excuses-NO drama=NO b.s. Now it looks like I will have to make another one for my .357 mold. NICE work on the post!!! Very helpful as it gave me a few ideas to try..

I wish I had these drawings 5 years ago on making gas check maker. Now I got arthuritis creeping in to my hands it's getting a little tough using some tools. I had to stop building 1911's because of fitting the small parts.

Boolit Master
    shameless bump

Boolit Master
    Plus one

Boolit Master

I think this should be a sticky.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, but it would likely violate copyright laws.
    tj

Boolit Master
    There is NO copyright on the freechex, in fact although he claims a trade mark on it, the last time I checked, he does NOT have it trademarked,just claims it.others here can backup that. also my drawings are differant than his tool.I have not used any drawings or photos that he has printed, published or copied.I like charlie, I think he puts out an outstanding tool.I am not trying to take any bussiness from him. any one that knows how to use a lathe can figgure out how to make one. it is no secret. I DO NOT make the tool to sell, nor will I.

Boolit Master

Thank you for the instructions, this is for my personal use and will not be made for sale or barter.

Jerry
    Honor is a Way of Life

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Boolit Master
    For the one piece check maker for a loading press,what is used at the upper end at the threads to hold it in place( I may have missed the explanation during the reading)? Also how much pressure is needed on the press arm to punch and form the check? I have several Lee Challenger presses and one Hornady press. I don't want to wind-up bending something
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master
    I use a challenger press for my check makers, you are not going to hurt it.after the check maker is in place on your press, drop a nickle on top of it, then screw in a die untill you compress the check maker.I use a lee sizer die.

Boolit Buddy
    That's a great book Ed, thanks a lot! Only problem is I'm not seeing the pictures on pages 7,8,9 and 11,12,13 - I only see the labels for what's in it. Have you got any idea why? I've downloaded it three times and all the same. I have a Mac...

Boolit Master
    bmomauser, pm me your addy, I will send you the file, try to open it that way,what program are you using to open PDFs with? adobe? Ed

Boolit Bub
    did not work for me.clicked everywhere

Boolit Buddy
    Pistolman44: kind of hard with the " five years ago" part, this video posted on 10-11-09 was just the beginning of the III era. Vonnieglen here says freechex 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GNCVcD4DmE

tj

Boolit Master
    torpedomam, pm me your e-mail addy, and I will send you the pdf file. ed

Boolit Master
    any one that can not open the file, pm me your e-mail addy and I will send it to them. ed

Boolit Master
    Ed. Going through your calculations for determining the proper thickness of alumnium for a 44 cal bullet, my son and I have come up with .016 as the material needed.Looking at Amerimax roof flashing charts,they have .0167 material and .014 material.Will .0167 work or should I use .014?
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master
    I think I would use the .0167. try to get a sample of it to try, but I think thats what you will need.

Boolit Master

Clicked on link and says it's malware?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannix View Post
    Here's the download link. Thanks for taking the time Ed to put this together for all us DIYers here!

Attention: Click on the Download link to the left, not on the advertisement. (Unscrupulous advertisers may call their advertisement "Download" in an attempt to get you to click on it.)

Check-Maker1&2.pdf
    md5sum: 0d734875607822d30f0609dfa38172f7

Feel free to shoot me a PM or email if the link ever goes down.
    I tried to download using the little button on the left and my AVG blocks it and says it's malware. Anyway, here's a screenshot of what AVG says. Must be some conflict somehow I figure.

Sometimes here, but never there (with apologies to Bud Abbott)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    I tried to download using the little button on the left and my AVG blocks it and says it's malware. Anyway, here's a screenshot of what AVG says. Must be some conflict somehow I figure.
    Did you UNCHECK the box directly below the download button? If not, it tries to open a "downloader" program. That is probably what AVG objected to.
    Saddle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast