RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Resolutions

Boolit Master

Resolutions

I don't make them, or more precisely I make one every year and that is that I will make no resolutions, and lo these many years I have kept it.
    However that will change this year. In 2010 I shot the incredible amout of maybe 300 rounds all year. In 2011 I resolve to shoot a minimum of 3000 rounds. I know not a great deal compared to what some of you do, but for me in the last 12 years since two of my best freind shooting buddies died, it will be a lot. In the last couple of years I have bought a whole herd of molds, many thanks to our moldmakers, all of which I have cast with and gotten their foibles down pat and can cast great boolits with each of them. I am going to shoot guns that I haven't shot in years, several of which had belonged to my freinds. Shooting wise this will be a good year.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Banned

i try to spend a year with one gun.
    the others get shot, but the "one" always goes and it goes by itself most times.
    working it through a range of loads,and boolit/bullet,lube combo's.
    target work,plinking, shooting for speed,shooting at distance,looking for boolits in the dirt/snow/mud, shooting boards,rocks,cans,carrying it around,
    making modifications like sights and recoil pads,and just trying to wear it out.
    looking at an octagoned 357 lever rifle this year.

I didn't get to shoot alot this year either. With house remodelling, which will probably another 6 months ... and working two jobs, There was less play time than I wanted.
    Every year I give up stewed prunes and the metric system, and I although I have been successful at keeping those resolutions, I need one to be more realistic.
    I have a pair of contenders in the drawer that need more attention, along with a couple of flintlock muzzleloaders that need to send some lead down range. So this year, I hope to squeeze the triggers more often than I did last year.
    Sounds like a a resolution that has more meaning and fun ...
    Ohio Rusty ><>
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

Boolit Master

shooting buddies

Good Luck with your shooting,

I have friends from the range that have passed on, have some of their things I've kept. My resolution (gradually formed) has been to get enough lead and supplies to shoot at the rate I was. You see, the original 22 Hornet that I started reloading for was very economical. It takes very little lead and powder to shoot constantly.

With the purchase of newer, bigger calibers, I find that lead and powder are the things to have. But, I like shooting a lot. I like shooting classic calibers from the silhouette range. There isn't anything better than for a man to love what he does (the holy Bible agrees there).

I'm glad you've decided to shoot and learned to cast, my friends helped and prodded me along into it. I would not have missed it for the world.

Ron

And Merry Christmas to you.
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

I've got a few resolutions to keep. Some old ones that I failed at and some new ones to aim for. Casting and shooting more are on the list.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.