Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox

Thread: Montana Rifle Barrel Company

Boolit Master

Thumbs up Montana Rifle Barrel Company

MONTANA RIFLEMAN!

A member here directed me to a barrel making company the other day, after the one I was using started giving me serious problems.
    Montana Rifleman is that of which I am speaking. They are an outstanding Christian company, and I truly beleive I have made friends with these guys, not only on a professional level, but personal, for life.

I first talked to John on the phone, who welcomed me and had a nice little chat. He then transfers me to Phil, whom I spoke with for close to an hour. It was a great conversation, and we had a lot in common, he let me take up 1/8th of his day, and seemed happy to do so. We got on to buisness and he gave me his barrel prices, which were great.

After telling Phil that I would like to purchase a few to test out, he informs me that he would give me the same price on these barrels as if I was buying 400 or more. What!? $33 per blank!? Wow, talk about making the new guy welcome.

After I gave him my credit card info, we talked more about footprints we had unknowingly shared in the North Carolina sand. (We served in the same county.) Then on to the reason for Christmas, then on to sharing stories about brothers from past service that we held in high esteem.

The time finally came for me to let Phil get back to work. About five minutes after I hung up the phone, he called back. He told me he was bumping the price down to even more, per barrel...

Then he called again, this time informing me that it was Christmas and he would only charge me for one barrel, but send me two, and that they hald already shipped.

Again he emailed and said he was shipping me another barrel blank for free the next day!

These are hands down, some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. They also make high quality, stress relieved, HAND lapped barrels, at a reasonable price.

The men of Montan Rifleman have my buisness for as far as I can see.

I am not writing this to brag about the great deal I got, which I did, but to let all of you know that if you need a barrel, buy it from me and I will mark it up six or seven times. Kidding, give them a call, they will get you what you need at a fair price, and you will be left wanting to do buisness with them again.
    Last edited by 82nd airborne; 12-23-2010 at 03:36 PM.

In Remembrance
    When you Google for Montana Rifle Barrel Company you find that it does not exist.
    If you want us to patronize a business, it would be helpful if you would tell us it's real name.

You wouldn't see many customers (or your own) if everybody thought your name was deltacompanysmallarms.com...would you?
    CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master

Is the company Montana Rifleman?

Boolit Master

Montana Rifleman would be it. The correspondace I have for them is as posted above. Phil is now a member here.

Boolit Master
    I've used some of their barrels. Great barrels. Great service.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Hey, - you talked with them on the phone? Let's be old fashoined and call them up! Got a number? (I know, I'm lazy)
    Last edited by leftiye; 12-23-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Grand Master

I just e-mailed them about the .25 caliber barrel they have on special. Thinking about my project .25 Kraig AI Martini.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

406-755-4867

Super Moderator

..............They're the ones who re-barreled my 1884 TD, and supplied the two 35 cal bbls my friend and I had a local gunsmith chamber 35 Rem and screw into a SR Mauser action, plus they chambered a barrel 375 Whelen AI and fit it to a M98 action I supplied. I have zero complaints on these 3 transactions.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Buddy
    They give great prices for there barrels and will spend a ton of time with you on the phone and via e-mail to help you with your decision. I've spoken with them a few times. Great people to deal with!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    We used a lot of their barrels on custom rifles. I would inspect every barrel that came into the shop, Lilja, Douglas, whatever, and the Montana Rifle barrels were consistently the best interior finish of any.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

Phil and John? what happened to Brian?
    Charter Member #148