WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Blind Squirrel & Nut

Boolit Master

Blind Squirrel & Nut

I didn't think that E-bay allowed guns. I was talking to my shooting buddy last night. He was perusing e-bay when I called and did a search on Remington Rolling Block Parts and found a complete #1 action priced at $135 buy it now. It had just been put up. I asked him if he was going to take it because if he didn't I was. Not sure why I need another project but the price was good enough that I could sit on it. Anyway that pushed him over the edge and he jumped on it. From what I have seen lately a good price on a roller action is $250 and up. BTW the price included shipping. Some peoples children

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master

It's been a while back but I was looking for something on evil-bay not something that I do much off but did run across some drillings in the Omaha area. Not sure about the spelling but one was a Kriegoff, along with a Sauer, and a couple other high end guns. I'm sure that the evil-bay police didn't know what they were.

so i gotta ask about this as ive kinda half heartedly looked for plain actions but never fount them so where does a fella search for just actions for project guns? mainly looking for hiwall and ruger #1's and so far havnt found either.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Ted, I look for complete guns for a donor action. I look for Mausers, and can usually buy a good action this way, for much less than I would pay for an action by its self.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

As Waksupi pointed out that might be the way to go. This Roller started life as an1889 Swedish sporter. It now wears a 40-65 barrel and working on a curly maple stock for a BPC deer rifle. The price several years ago was $225. The actions alone when you can find them are more than that and were then.

Bob
    Last edited by Boz330; 05-26-2011 at 10:10 AM.

rite on...good hints. thanks also..nice looking roller BOZ. that stock makes it snap

Boolit Master

E-bay caught it but too late. My buddy said that they sent him a notice that he should get his money back and cancel the deal, but he already has the action in hand.

Bob