WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Lee sizer/luber .457 question

Boolit Master

Lightbulb Lee sizer/luber .457 question

I know this has been asked and answered by others but doesn't somebody on the board here convert these to size at .459? Or was it somebody we can do at home without special tools?
    Thanks Tom
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Master
    Buckshot here on the forum makes the push through dies as well as the Lyman/RCBS lube/size dies. You can also do it yourself with a dowl and some 320 grit dry/wet sand paper cut into 1" strips. I finish with 600 grit.

Simply wrap the inch strip around a dowl until you have a snug fit and then spin it. It doesn't take alot of work so go slow at it and size bullets as you go while measuring. When I get real close I'll put a mirror like finish with the 600 grit.

I've found that changing the paper after a minute of use or cuts metal much easier/quicker.

Boolit Grand Master
    RobS is right on the money. If your time is valueable change the paper frequently, and then measure often. What I did was cast up a half dozen boolits (457-124's) and every second time I changed Paper, I ran one through and measured it. Once I got close, I rolled all six bulets in some 1200 grit valve polishing compound and then ran them through the sizer die a couple of times a piece.

Boolit Master

Thanks guys just the info I was looking for, I'll give it a try..
    OH Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006