RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Ramshot True Blue & Enforcer Question

Boolit Buddy

Ramshot True Blue & Enforcer Question

I was just cleaning off a shelf and came across the Ramshot reloading data. I flipped thorough and found a load for lead bullets in the 327 Magnum - for which published data is scarce. And, the True Blue and Enforcer were showing velocities from 1,300 to 1,400 FPS - at least 200 FPS greater than any of the Hogdon published data.

Then, I started looking and see notably higher velocities with True Blue for other cartridges that I'm fond of.

I've used mostly Win 231 - but also use HS-6 and Accurate #5 to get some published loads.

What are your experiences with True Blue and Enforcer?
    Email: daryl@ohioguns.us

I'm an FFL interested in wholesale purchases of modern firearms. http://www.ohioguns.us - Credit/Debit cards OK. Site has constantly changing inventory - will ship to your FFL.

I bought some true blue after everything dried up and I used it in 9mm, .38 special, .357 mag, .44 special, and .44 mag. It wasn't up to full blown j-word magnum velocities, but somewhere in the middle. It seemed to be between 231 and HS6. Now all the other powders are on the shelf and no more true blue. It metered extremely well and seemed really consistent. I don't recall it being as dirty as HS6 or unique either.

Boolit Buddy

Daryl,

Started working up some loads with True Blue, but winter's slowing down reloading (low temps in the garage). Here's the results of some .357 loads:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...904#post976904

So far True Blue looks very promising. Really starting to like the Ramshot powders. Wish a bit more variety was available locally, I'd like to try some Zip.
    Jim

Boolit Master

ZIP is a dead-ringer for W231. True Blue is similar to the slower shotgun / pistol powders, like HS-6, Blue Dot, AA#7, etc. Enforcer is very similar (but not identical to) AA#9, so in-between 2400 and W296/H110 (but it seems Enforcer is closer to W296/H110 than AA#9 is.

Hope that helps. I don't load the 327, so I'm not sure if the ultra-slow pistol powders (W296) are the ticket, or if you want a medium-slow powder, but you've got both of those ranges covered, as far as Ramshot powders go.

I've started off with their rifle powders, and I love them. I might be going to transition over to ZIP (from W231/HP38), once I've had a chance to test it, and check for similarity of performance/loads and smokeyness.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.