Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: NOE Lee 430-310-RF Clone Group Buy

Boolit Master
    Got mine today, thanks Landric. Best cast some up this weekend. Nice looking mould.

Boolit Master
    Cast 100 plus up tonight, preheated the mould and the second pour were keepers, the boolits popped out as if there were a spring loaded ejector in each of the cavities. Casts to .434, the grease groove is at least twice as big as the Lee and both crimp grooves are also much deeper, gas checks are a perfect fit with ease (gator 44 checks) and crimp tightly through a .431 sizer just fine. Haven't loaded or shot yet, but so far, excellent mould.
    Thanks Swede and Landric, good group buy.
    Oh, as far as mould prep, just a couple of good doses of denatured alcohol worked just fine.

Let us know how they do. Hopefully I'll eventually get to cast some. I'm hoping to work up a good heavy boolit load for my Ruger Blackhawk .44 Special using the PB version of this GB boolit. Perhaps I can get a shot at a deer with one this season. Now, if I could just find the time to make it out to the shop and do some casting.
    "The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Landric

Honcho for NOE .38-200 Mk. I British Round Nose Group Buy

Boolit Master
    I'll be shooting them next weekend, I am not running them super hard, close to Lyman number 2. I'll use two loads that have worked pretty good with the Lee with 2400 and Lil Gun, don't have any 296 or H110 currently, wish I did. I'll let everyone know how they work out of 2 different SBH's.

Boolit Master

I did some shooting with the hollowpoint version of this mold yesterday. Alloy was 20:1 and I did two velocities. The slower one averaged about 890 fps and made a perfect mushroom bullet in wet phone books. Weight retention was close to 100% and it was everything you could ask for. The other at 1100 fps was quite simply devastating and probably close to or at maximum. It blew a hole about three inches in diameter through the first few phone books and shred the first half of the bullet. The bottom half continued to penetrate another foot or so. If Dirty Harry had this bullet, the special effects guys would have had to stay up late trying to figure out how to make a corpse with a three inch hole though it! The slower velocity would be perfect for hunting I would think.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567