Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't ruger.................?

Quote Originally Posted by pdawg_shooter View Post
    In 24 years as a dealer I sent more Rugers back to the factory than all other brands combined.
    Start selling Taurus. You will surpass the Ruger returns in about 2 months.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hickstick_10 View Post
    a 600 dollar desert eagle so to speak?
    Juuust about shot Diet Mtn. Dew out my nose and on the screen.

That settles it!!!!
    Hickstick is well on his way to being head of Ruger's marketing dept.!!!!!

bhn22
    Quote Originally Posted by needcoffee View Post
    While we are wishing. I would like to see a .454 Ruger Alaskan but with a 7.5" barrel. I just like the looks of the Alaskan over the Super Redhawk. More like the older Redhawk frame.

The Alaskan is just a short barreled Super Red without scope ring cutouts.

Is this what you really want?

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/AmHgunAnn07.pdf

Boolit Master
    OH OH OH !!!!!
    I want a 5 shot Bearcat in 22 snapper.
    Oh alright then just bring back the Hawkeye.

Sign me up for one of them Hawkeyes!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bhn22 View Post

OR, one of these Redhawks in 5shot .50 Action Express. That is just a friggin masterpiece!!!!!

In Remebrance

I'd like to see SOMEONE bring back the H+R 999 in 22, 22 mag.

Banned

Everyone has there own opinion on what ruger should make including myself but everyones ideas are differnt as seen here. Ruger has to make guns that sell enough to make money and most of these ideas alothough cool wouldnt sell well. Id have to say that there not sitting on there buts though. Look at just the last couple years. THeyve made the lcp, lcr, the flatop in 357 and 44 special. The small framed blackhawk and vaquero, the bisley flattop, the montado, the SR9, redesigned the 77 again, the alaskan, the 327, the short ruger mags, the ar15 ruger and im probably forgetting some but thats alot of new stuff in just a few short years. Much more then probably the rest of the manufactures combined. To me some of there stuff didnt make since but mostly because there not guns that appeal to me personaly but someone is buying them. If the next two 3 years were as productive in new products as the last three were im on the edge of my seat waiting to see whats next.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 12-16-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Boolit Master

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldo View Post
    You can't market what you don't make.
    Ruger doesn't make the LCP or the LCR??? Not even the newest KLCR , the 357 Magnum version of the later????

Winelover

Boolit Master

Well , I`m older now & on the down hill slide & had my fun with 44s&454s .

I tend to shoot a bit of mid 357mag/38special loadings & 22lr .

I would really enjoy a nice 22 DA with adjustable (windage/elevation) sights .

Something inbetween SP/GP size , small enuff for small hands & large enuff to be appealin to the Magnum crowd !!

In my opinion there missing out on this corner of the marketplace.
    GP100man

Quote Originally Posted by bhn22 View Post

You know, It reminds me of the one Ruger is now making........
    http://www.ruger.com/products/redhaw...Item=&sku=5027

I have one on order now for over a month, I hope it comes in soon, I want to start shooting my heavy loads.

Boolit Master
    First of all reintroduce that lever action rifle they had with a tubular magazine and junk the rotary, in .25-20, 32-20, .327, .357, .44, .45 and .480, second an eight shot super redhawk in .357, with a lengthened frame and a 5"tube. I'd get rid of the redhawk as we know it, and build a new redhawk with the super redhawk frame design without the scope mounts and a lengthened frame to accomadate up to a 5.5" barrel. Make a Maxi-14 in .308 and maybe a .44 auto mag. Or maybe even a .30-06. Offer all models of the Blackhawk with a Bisley frame. Build a longslide all steel pistol designed around the .45 Winchester Magnum.

Boolit Buddy
    obviously, we all have our preferences. mine is a stainless, 5 shot, 6.5" barreled, .475 caliber (either linebaugh or .480ruger), with patridge style sights, properly fit cylinder and barrel (no constriction in forcing cone) and precise throat dimensions. and a target to verify how well it shoots at 50yds.

actually, forget the above, i'm dreaming. how about a ruger 'performance' shop, one that would actually go over a gun BEFORE it left the shop and verify it's accuracy with a provided target. confirm cylinder throats, timing, cylinder gap, clean up machine burrs, true barrel dimensions-from one end to the other (no constriction at frame), straight sights. and a target, not a single fired shell. and actually, i'd settle for it any time of the year, but xmas would be better.

come on, ruger, we've been good consumers all year long. we deserve it!

Boolit Master

I just sent a link to this thread, to an old friend that is an engineer at Ruger . . .

Yes the Alaskan is a SR, just a short barrel that ends at the frame!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Hope he looks at the link to the Vaquero for sale on Rugerfourm. 5 shot 480 without opening up the existing window. Should be simple to make on the existing Blackhawk frame. I bet there are even a few 480 barrels laying around.

Boolit Buddy

Count me in for a 5 shot .480 Bisley with quick change front sight blades and a little extra attention to barrel and cylinder specs and...as long as we're dreaming...how about a few bucks worth of extra labor on slicked up actions so a "trigger job" would only require a spring change. I'm convinced that such a gun would sell.....

Quote Originally Posted by tek4260 View Post
    Start selling Taurus. You will surpass the Ruger returns in about 2 months.
    That wouldn't improve ruger quality. it is what it is.
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

Boolit Master
    Ruger? Well, I like the 327 Federal for factory gun, factory ammo type deal but, it's not what I want. Neither is the 32 magnum, I want a 32-20 WCF ! Don't tell me these are extinct, you haven't really managed to replace them. Now, if a 327 federal compares to a 32-20 then, how does it group at 100 meters?

We're so busy re-inventing everything for a few $ that we don't have time to make big $$$.

Okay, you may disagree now.
    Ron
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

LongPoint
    Still got my eye out for a Speed Six. The SP101 is very easy to conceal and comfortable with Hogue grips but thats Mommas gun. I find a Speed Six in good shape and priced right its coming home with me to live. A little more heft and six beans in the wheel. HELLO RUGER!

LongPoint

Banned

ive allways thought a performance shop or a custom shop at ruger would be a good thing. Many guys including myself would gladly buck up a little more money for a handfit gun with a hand done action job and little things like case colaring, better sights ect. Also it would be nice to be able to buy a tuned 77 that had an accuracy gurantee
    Quote Originally Posted by bobke View Post
    obviously, we all have our preferences. mine is a stainless, 5 shot, 6.5" barreled, .475 caliber (either linebaugh or .480ruger), with patridge style sights, properly fit cylinder and barrel (no constriction in forcing cone) and precise throat dimensions. and a target to verify how well it shoots at 50yds.

actually, forget the above, i'm dreaming. how about a ruger 'performance' shop, one that would actually go over a gun BEFORE it left the shop and verify it's accuracy with a provided target. confirm cylinder throats, timing, cylinder gap, clean up machine burrs, true barrel dimensions-from one end to the other (no constriction at frame), straight sights. and a target, not a single fired shell. and actually, i'd settle for it any time of the year, but xmas would be better.

come on, ruger, we've been good consumers all year long. we deserve it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast