RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanny Clause is watchin you!!

Boolit Master

Sanny Clause is watchin you!!

I find it interesting what people tend to get themselves around christmas. What boolit casting / shooting related items have you gotten or are wanting? im not talking about the "well if money was no object" items, im talking about "I wanted that dang mold all year, and if it hair-lips the pope, im getting it!!" i will start: I have wanted a custom mold for as long as I have known about casting. The only guy around here that cast boolits taunted me with his 45 acp hollow points. Well, her comes the group buy and this is my gift to myself!!

So what's NOT under your tree??
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Moderator Emeritus

My gift to myself this year came in todays mail. A Buffalo Classic 38-55, with a 30WCF barrel and a 45-70 barrel. Well, the barrels came in todays mail along with some brass and a die set. The receiver should be delivered to the gunshop by tomorrow and I can pick it up then.

I have a Buffalo Classic 45-70, so of course I had to try the 38-55 barrel on it today with an attenuated load of 9 grains Unique under a 262gr cast boolit. I'm really going to enjoy this 38-55!
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Well it will be under the tree, but I bought it for my wife to give me. I got the Ranch Dog TL358-100RF to use in my .380 and 9mm, it looks like I might even be able to get away with loading them in .38 spcl.

Now it's not cast boolit related, but I am going to buy myself a new Henry lever action .22, hopefully this weekend.

Boolit Master

I also went and got my wife's present to me, Mauser 98. I'm thinking the pope may start talking funny.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wife let me buy my present today. Marlin 1894c. It is going to be a fun spring!
    Now to cycle a few hundred 38's thru it to smooth out the action. Hope my other 5 Marlins don't get jealous.

I got all the stuff I need to cast, now I am just waiting for my wife to give it to me.

Boolit Master

I gave myself a S&W Model 14-3 w/ 6 inch barrel. I've wanted one for quite a while and finally found a decent deal on GB.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    A couple of months early, but my wife said "don't worry about scraping together enough for that rifle (Marlin 1895GBL 45-70), go get it now, and it can be your Christmas gift". I think I'll keep her....
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I got some propane for heat, and some food.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    waksupi: You have the right idea, stock up with food for the winter and plenty heating fuel, mine comes to the house through a pipe from the street. I don't have to worry about the propane truck getting stuck some where only have to worry about paying the n-gas bill. I think I have just about everything I need in the way of shooting equipment. Oh there is always something I would like to have, but at my age I'm not to sure I want to start on another project. I've got so many projects going with what I have that I'm not sure I will even get them all done. Merry Christmas every one and remember the reason for the season.

Banned
    custom mold from Accurate, and a bench priming tool.

Boolit Buddy Charlie, AKA The Deacon's Avatar
    Well ifn the fat man comes around my neck of the woods, I will get a full freezer!! I bet reindeer are pretty tasty.
    MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Boolit Master
    waksupi... youre so full.... I bet your using the propane for smelting another batch of alloy and the food is nothing more than jerkey to eat while casting!! ruger1965, reindeer tastes sweet like axis meat. i pulled a lead on rudolph last year and poor Blitzen... took one for the team!! poor performance on my part, though.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    It has taken me a while, but me an the missus just bought a new house, and she has let me get a shed put up in the yard (6m X 9m). I have been saving for it for about 15 years, but I finally have enough money for my lathe, too. I can't wait (shed wont be up untill about February!!!!!!).
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    i pulled a lead on rudolph last year and poor Blitzen... took one for the team!! poor performance on my part, though.
    In case you bring one down they have a back-up.

Unfortunately his name is Schutzen...

I mentioned I want another swage die, the wife said go ahead and get it. I think it's a trap.
    Been spending like a drunken sailor (no offense Navy), maybe I'll get her something instead.

In Remebrance

Paid a propane bill and bought a $10.00 side cover for one of my chainsaws, used of course. Fixing a trailer so I can haul sawdust to insulate my daughters septic and water lines.

Ho, ho, ho.

Boolit Master
    if i can put a hole in the black on the target at 200yds without my glasses with my 1873 sprg trap it would be a great xmas gift to myself and if my wife went to get my target that would round my xmas up nice'
    nave a great friday folks!

Boolit Master
    We are so old we have most everything we need or want so we do not give each other gifts at Christmas. If one of us sees something we want/need anytime during the year it is likely the other one will find a way to get it! YES I HAVE GOT A KEEPER!!! At Christmas we usually donate the amount of money we would have spent on each other to the food bank and the SPCA.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Talking

I got a pressure trace system and a new chronograph for testing cast bullet loads.

Boolit Master
    45 ACP conversion for my Dillon SDB. Ranj out of spare parts for that dang CH Mk 5 A!
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast